Donated blood had high levels of HIV

Lies, all lies! The findings were published in an Indian journal after very bogus research protocols. These are Indians looking for a government contract to control blood donation and processing.

I’ve never donated blood but I’d love to donate. Are there any health benefits, psychological benefits, or other benefits in donation?

Yeah I had to, post exposure things, Kubaki Na ring.

:D:D:D

It’s purely altruistic. Donate for someone in need with the hope that when you need some someone else will have donated for you. Unless you really value soda na mkate nusu

i think et blood from high school ids should be banned bila consent ya parent

That study was very accurate.

Half of all blood that is donated is not fit for transfusion - often infected with malaria, HIV, syphilis and hepatitis. That is a fact.

The best blood comes from high school students.

There is a serious shortage of blood for transfusion in this country. I have watched patients die when just a pint of blood could have saved them or when emergency surgery could not be done (anaesthetists, surgeons decline to perform the surgery).

Pole for the patients you’ve lost. If the study was accurate, why would the researchers disown the report, or was a protective measure against being targeted?

:eek:

:D:D:D:D:D:D Wewe ni shujaa!

Thanks Doc for your prompt response and advice. I know you have helped many villagers who shall remain unnamed, they directed me to you, since you had helped them.

Usiwe na shaka mblo. All the knowledge we have is useless if we don’t use it to impact others’ lives. Ugua pole.

Are you pregnant?

:D:DUlianza kuskia utamu unazidi? Hatari sana

Hawa wanataka kuuza damu. Fake news

Let me clarify something, MOST BLOOD DONATED COMES FROM HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS… Many able bodied Adult Kenyans rarely donate blood. Unless it is a close relative and the hospital policies forces you to donate for your relative after they have received blood from a blood bank that they have. They need to replenish. While it is true we have a huge shortage of ‘Adult’ blood donors, the National Blood Transfusion Services carries out ‘Blood Drives’ many times in schools. Most adults will donate blood when there is a national disaster (bombings, attacks, building collapse) which are rare events. These donated blood goes a long way in helping individuals who need it in hospitals…

Why? because i would only test for Hiv if i was pregnant?

I used to find blood donation tents pitched in tao, think that was a good idea, would always want to donate but my blood was always insufficient.
They should caRry out such drives often

Last donated when that Nyamakima building came down and there was an appeals drive. Went to KNH and did that, never went for a cert or anything but I tested later at KEMRI (which was mandatory for something I was to undertake) and came out clean. Had to wait for, I think three days for the thorough tests and get a sealed certificate.

It costs money, a commodity that is hard to come by these days.

Tents ,space, personel, yea inaeza kua ngumu