dowry

True

@M2Random huyo sistako kwani shida yake ni hani? Anyway…hio ni kuwakosea heshima nyinyi…but I also think there is more to the story you are not sharing

2 Likes

Is dowry=Bride price?

that’s better

There is no back story. If there is one, t must be between her and her husband that maybe we dont know about. Juu sioni vile msichana normal atakubali kukaa na bwana nyumba moja for 15 years, get two children, na huyo mwanaume hajawahi kuja home hata once…it shows that she is somewhat stupid na haoni anatumiwa

3 Likes

no but here in .ke we use the words interchangeably- actually we use dowry to mean brideprice…

Kw

Kwani iyo presumption ya marriage inawork aje…si i thought iyo sheria ilibadilishwa such that ukikaa na msichana for a continous 6 month na neibors wanaona mnaishi kama hazi na wify…na kuzidisha mnazaa…hapo nyinyi ni bwana na bibi…

1 Like

if it came to where parties would have to prove marriage hao neighbours wanaweza kosa conveniently…by the way @M2Random is your sis known to her inlaws?

Uko na point. I am not good at law. Anyway, the point is, sister yangu ameshazalia huyo bwana yake watoto…wameishi for 15 years, one is a girl, the other is a boy. Kijana akitahiri, which he will hii December, the man will have no reason whatsoever to pay dowry. Why would he pay dowry anyway, there is no incentive for him to pay. There is a reason men pay for dowry, or at least make it official, before their wives can agree to give them many children…the first child hueleweka…why pay when the job is over?

Yeah. She has gone to their place several times on Christmas holidays.

Hapo kuna marriage iyo ya presumption…iyo ilikuwa itended kwa situation kama hizi

by the way ni watu comfortable au ni mashida shida hivi?

Lets just say hawana shida. Why?

Maybe they are happy with things as they are without in laws interference. Kuna watu hawapendi kusumbilwa.

3 Likes

Which rights does he have over the boy to make such a decision? Does your sister’s son live with your dad?

1 Like

Hizi vitu za tradition bana zohufanya watu walie,and at times it’s not good to ignore them especially if parents are involved

Nawewe unamjua?

i am trying to diagnose the problem- though i am realizing there are so many variables that could have led to the situation. like have her inlaws never wanted to know their counterparts? is the “union” cross-cultural/cross-county? are the couple embarassed/they do not know how to explain why they took so long so that they continue delaying the inevitable? Is the husband the kind who would like a flashy occasion but perhaps the means are scarce? and so on…

Me and my brother tunamjua. My parents hawamjui.

Sit him down and tell him time and again that your dad needs to see him urgently …