East or West, Home is Best

social aspects are better than money at the end of the day. It’s why poor kids laugh too

You could put it in an M-pesa outlet, huku kwetu the float is never enough.

Many diaspora couples end up splitting when this issue arises. Usually the husband gets fed up with the rat race, opts to go back home, then the wife hesitates coz of those pros you’ve pointed out. I’m 100% sure you’ll refuse to move back once you marry ur ben 10 and he gets tired of that life.

Home is always best. Atleast at home you don’t need sleeping pills, anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs to function.

Hi

How does the inside of a plane look like.

You say you’ve been home for 3 years and had a GC. If you never maintained your continuous residency requirement kuna shida.

At the one year mark of being physically outside the US with a GC one requires a re-entry permit. If none of the aforementioned were ever met, you might have lost your GC. All the best though.

Why didn’t you wait to meet the 5 year GC requirement then apply for the US citizenship then relocate back home? The US passport is the gift that keeps giving. Traveling worldwide, less the hustle of visa applications for short stays, business or vacations. :smiley:

For me peace of mind consists of living in freedom from fear of crime.
I’d rather deal with Racism than with corruption and the Kenya police.
I’d rather deal with cold depressing weather than deal with discrimination from my fellow Kenyans just because I’m not rich.
Kenya is only good for the rich. Majuu everybody’s dignity matters and basic human needs are guaranteed to all.

I’d rather live among people who strive to always live by the law than among people who can’t follow simple traffic laws!

What’s point of building highways and good roads and then have bumps on them!!!
Bumps on the Thika highway?.. WTF!!!
Ati just to ensure that Educated people actually don’t speed and kill others!
Why can’t they just follow simple speed limits?

God granted Kenya the best weather and natural beauty Kenyans have embraced mediocrity, corruption and a destructive selfish culture.

But life is all about Choices.
East ,West home might not be that good after all!

WE’RE IN THE PRESENCE OF PEOPLE WITH VISAS YA’LL!

PLEASE HOLD YOUR CLAPPLAUSE TILL THEY OFFER TO LET US SUCK THEIR DEEKS!

Housing in San Francisco is ridiculously expensive. Amongst the highest if not the highest Except for the temporary oil zones. Reason being the lack of housing in immediate vicinities. New Yorkers avoid Manhattan but they do have options in surrounding cities. Cops were mostly of no issue unless you gave them a reason to have one. Cops were sometimes racist initially but once you follow their directions when pulled over, their demeanor changes.There are many options for very good food. I say way more than Kenya. Good mbuzi was missing though. Its there but not quite the same. Yes some of the cons are long hours and a depleted social life. But I would think a 250K income would counter that. Technically that places one in the rich category in the US. Or very close. And to do so from one job is quite an achievement. It is executive level pay. Although at 250K the highest income tax is 33% or close, not including others eg social security, medicare, state taxes etc.
But wherever one finds his solace is his home.

Only thing that kills being outside the country is being lonely and having no time for yourself , work work .
Home is best , depends on individuals , the mediocrity that you find in Kenya , can frustrate , things are getting better but man doing a small task can be exhausting .
What i always say ,is you’d rather suffer in some foreign country than suffer in your own country .

As long as you re-enter the country in less than 6 months from leaving it’s not seen as a break in residence. I don’t want a US passport because I don’t want to pay US taxes on worldwide income.

Only if you hold it with respect and use no teeth.

The tax obligations for US citizens and US permanent residents, both known as US persons is the same. There is no distinction.

I never knew that.
Afathali UK. As long as you are a citizen you could go and live anywhere in the world no questions asked. Most European countries have a 7 year limit to how long you can live away but it’s just to protect against welfare fraud not for tax purposes.
That’s why the British are all over the world and are seen as being more industrious kumbe it’s because they can get away with abandoning all tax responsibility yet as soon as anything goes wrong while they away they come back and are entitled to all the rights of a Resident - free medical not withstanding!

I wouldn’t have said it better. Home is always best is overrated . Unless you embrace mediocrity .

Agree. Even now I declare my Kenyan income to the US every year though I don’t pay additional tax on it. It’s much easier to just give up the green card when I don’t want to provide them with income rather than renounce citizenship.

Not strictly true anymore. UK residents can go live in the EU no questions asked but that’s going soon with Brexshit. Otherwise they are subject to restrictions on the home country. Due to the commonwealth they have some perks when it comes to residence in commonwealth countries, that is good. The craziness of British law is this non-dom stuff. As long as you’re not domiciled in Britain you can hold the passport and not pay a penny in tax, that is just insane. Coming back is tricky and depends on what you want. For some things like the NHS it’s basically showing you are a citizen (though that’s changing). For other things like tertiary education you have to show you’ve been living in the country for 3 years.

Nimelipia maternity na kusomesha watu sijazalisha, lipia keja, hosi na kadhalika, zika watu, na kutoa watu from heirloom ya poverty = peace of mind

welcome back bro, but its as rosy as you would wish.

If you can make 5-10k per year in savings here in kenya,my friend you are doing very well.Kenya is not a good place for paupers that i admit.But on the other hand we are here and hustling our way to success,with $5 i will eat and dine like a king. @Purple & @Ka-Buda do you have plans to come back here and enjoy the fruits of your labor?

You are telling a lot of fibs in broad daylight. Pls settle down well in Kenya well and leave us alone.

Else I will take a day off next week and stay at home and toanisha you point by point. I will also be pulling on support from Kenyans that went back home and now they are back hia starting all over from scratch. With their confused kids in tow. Apana. Enjoy the electricity blackouts, traffic ishus and lack of proper medical care for starters and stupid schools for your shudren.
Wait for my dossier next week! As one heavily engrossed in Brexit manenos …stay tuned.