gotv

[ATTACH=full]42731[/ATTACH]

Decoders vary in their functionality and flexibility. Find out which specific one is included in this package. What exactly do you seek to receive, by the way?

1 Like

To be honest, niko green na hii maneno since time ya Klist when you used to post info regarding FTA. What I understood thou is the bigger the dish, the better the signal. I just want to watch football (EPL and the likes), movies kiasi, NatGeo na Discovery Channel. Hizo tu…

All that has been addressed in the numerous FTA threads. Just to emphasize two points:

i. I’d personally recommend a 240cm pf dish (the 180cm offset that can be of equal performance - plus it’s accessories - is difficult to come by locally). That alone will cost you upwards of 23k.

ii. For the decoder, I’d propose you go with either Freesat V7 Combo (in which case @muzombozi can sort you out) or Strong SRT-4950H.

The rest has already been said, both here and in JF.

In which case I can buy em then ask him to come fix for me. He called me earlier and said he will send me the itemized costs on Tuesday. Another thing, in the FTA threads you guys used to talk about sijui you are tracking this bird bla bla bla…what did you mean?

And what is the criteria to use to decide to have one or more LNBs?

‘Bird’ is euphemism for a satellite. Tracking is what we call our d-i-y installations and tinkering. We often say that utamu wa ASAS (Acute Satellite Addiction Syndrome) ni kuipapasapapasa dish once in a while.

Already explained in the FTA threads. Search for a thread I did earlier this year on multi-LNB setups, complete with a logical and scientific way of how to go about it. Your preference is what counts.

Looking at what you want for instance, I can straight away deduce that those won’t be available at one sat. More than one LNB will be required.

http://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?threads/multi-lnb-set-ups.15988/ Nimeipata

1. 240cm pf dish - 23k
  2. Freesat V7 Combo or Strong SRT-4950H - ???
  3. LNBs - C, KU, KA (1 to 2k)
  4. Cables and Accessories

Iyo cost seems twil be more than the 26k quoted by Sanduri. Having multiple LNBs, does that mean i will have to use more than one decoder ama kunaendanga aje?

The simple answer is no. Nowadays a single decoder can comfortably take up to 16 LNBs (double that with some tweaking) and anywhere from 6k to 10k channels. The surest way to confirm if these prices are current is to check in those shops.

Swadakta. Will visit Luthuli and ask around. Thanks alot

Most welcome. Queries and clarifications always welcome.

I hope you have space where you are by the way. I can assure you 2.4m is humongous. You can mount it on a platform.

Yes, compound iko. Im planning to put up a water tank so il build something to hold it up then.

Sawa. When you’re ready to move remind me to share some schematics of how to make a platform that is sturdy enough.

2 Likes

@Luther12

• 6ft dish: 9000/-
  • 2 C-LNBs: 4200/-
  • SRT Decoder: 8500/-
  • 100M Roll: 1800
  • FConnectors:200
  • Cable ties: 350/-
  • Clips: 150/-
  • Diseqc switch: 250/-

Labour: 4550/-

Quote from Sanduri

Iyo labour ni kama iko juu kiasi.

1 Like

Those prices are exaggerated:

-6’ pf dish costs max 6.5k.
-one c-band LNB costs 1.5k max
-which SRT decoder is that? 4950H is 6k for instance, 4922 slightly higher.
-which sats are you going to get with this set-up?
-labor cost seems fair to me.

Quite exgerrated, and since you have the itemized components, take stroll along Luthuli Ave. And compare, utashangaa how cheap that stuff is.

1 Like

Will arrange to buy the items myself then ask him to come fix

Remember what I said on the cost difference between a 6’ and 8’ pf dish. Be clear on what you need.