Green Park Terminus

What i can say is this thing is overhyped. Let it be opened
My predictions based on how Kenyans are
Hawkers bodabodas and street children will fill the terminus
Matatu will be unruly as usual
Piles of uncollected garbage shall be common place
Street children and other bonobos will urinate in the place
The place will be an eyesore for CBD
After 4 months you shall prove me right on this. Building new infrastructure without changing the culture does not achieve anything at all
[MEDIA=twitter]1377446841743241217[/MEDIA]

You forgot open sewers

The SGR stations look superb years after they were opened. So greenpark can also be well maintained. Biggest problem is that property values in the surrounding may go down due to change in serenity.

Iyo picha ya nne wamejenga na miti.ichapwe na mvua ya october plus wadudu.April next year tender mpya ya renovation.Chinku wametufunza mambo

Very brilliant having the terminus. Wakenya ever complaining. So what did you want? Tukae tu vile tumekuwa ama? You don’t wait for the culture to change to develop. You enforce the behavioral change as you go along.

Kweli…umeona ya waTz?

We have several of them already what is special about this new one?

Chinese are leaving…some staff & asset already handed over to KRC…hope bonobo at the top won’t steal and screw everything…
wewe lakini ni meffi ya doggie in my eyes

This is very embarrassing in so many levels. Especially to see the President making almost weekly inspection visit for this vibanda called a modern matatus terminal.

2021 we are building a muthurwa matatu stage next to Uhuru gardens. Badi promised something like grey hound New York bus terminal. This is what we got and I’m sure the price will be premium high.

There is this new stupid government directive that PS Hinga introduced called low hanging fruits. Ignore studies and master plan that experts took years to draft for quick to do projects. Uncoordinated short gains, quick to tender and patches of projects where it suits tenderprenuers. This projects are quickly hyped, launched by President Uhuru to look like he is busy working and completed. On completion the mistakes also quickly become visible as they cut corners and ignored experts for their short term gains. 25 years old Spanish DMU for commuter train that have predictably broken down except one and this bus project. Now the hype has gone silent in shame.

We could just start from scratch, build proper bus terminal worthy of 2021 modern Nairobi city and commuter train service to rival any in the continent for the benefit of Kenyans. Not harakisha hii because Uhuru is retiring.

My prediction

Period 1: Week 1 - week 4

A lot of confusion. Unnecessary traffic jam kuingia na kutoka hio green park
A lot of traffic jam on uhuru highway caused by pedestrians crossing into town

Period 1 summary: Massive traffic jam on ngong road and uhuru highway

Period 2: Month 2 - Month 6

Resemblance of order has been achieved. Traffic caused by matatus getting into/out of the greenpark has been managed during off peak period
Traffic still persists during peak period (morning and evening)
Some matatus start becoming ‘bright’ and are already offloading/loading passengers on the highways kwa traffic. Such matatus are being chased down after complaints but slowly they are winning

At night (from 9PM) matatus are now entering the CBD. Nganya are also back to CBD during weekends (all day) officially

Period 2 summary: Weaknesses of using the park have been revealed. Problem is that the relevant authority are not working to remedy the weaknesses. If anything they are starting to take advantage of the weaknesses (wameanza kukulia already instead of remedying).

Period 3: Month 7 - Month 12

Its now ‘official’. Only a few Saccos are using the bus park.
Bus park is now being used as a parking lot for some of the matatus
Previously officially allocated stages for specific routes have been abandoned. Matatu zinabebea where they deem fit
Bus park is now filthy. Uncollected garbage, litter all over, blocked drainages, broken down infrastructure, oil spillage from broken down matatus, vibandaski, hawkers, street urchins, passed out drunks on pavements, matatus parked on pavements, matatus parked on the road blocking one lane, etc. This is the new norm

All nganya and well connected SACCOs are officially back to CBD.

Period 4: Month 13 - Future

Greenpark is now associated with old matatus and ugly crickety buses.
Its now more of a matatu parking lot than a stage/terminus
Its dusty during dry season and muddy and filthy during rain season
Its a no go zone once darkness sets in (from 8PM till 6AM). Ngeta is order of the day (or night in this case)

I really hope am wrong but time will tell

“We could just start from scratch nyef Nyef” , just like we started from scratch the building of Arror and Kimwarer dams.

In Kenya a president launches a bus station

Prophet of doom. But in my opinion matatus should be abolished. Lakini tena our gava can’t run sh1t so u may be onto something

Muthurwa

:smiley: a repeat of Muthurwa. Its as if people who work for the government never learn from their mistakes

Please post this on Twitter and tag NMS. If they pay attention, this is a great way to let them anticipate potential problems and address them beforehand

Kumbe you have your own opinions on things?

They know all they care about is the money they could steal from the tender