head gasket - for toyota

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. Hence my advise to go for TK. Whatever price they sell it to you for, it’ll be cheaper than replacing the engine parts should it snap.

Not bad having a rough idea of cost of spares. However, I cannot stand clients who insist on accompanying the mech to buy. Hao nawapatia list of parts waende wakamuliwe huko.

Actually prefer buying the spare parts myself na mechanic afanye kazi yake ya labour!
Wish someone could open a motor vehicle spare parts supermarket where you just pop in and prices are indicated on the shelf! Entrepreneurs mko wapi???

Hehehe.
I ignored a worn out chain on a 78 Suzuki nduthi. It snapped when I was riding back from Kisumu. I felt like RKOing myself.

Same here.

Doc…Saidia @introvert stethoscope asaidie @kamnjoro

:D:D:D Ya gari ni tofauti kidogo.

[ATTACH=full]77943[/ATTACH]
vs
[ATTACH=full]77944[/ATTACH]
Ni screwdriver tutaweka hapo kwa transducer.

1 Like

:D:D:D:D

Hio sio poa bwana coz nimenyoroshwa siku moja nimeachia mech pesa ya gasket original alienda akanunua low quality although kuna mwingine (buda)nilimpatia pesa ya overhaul ya gari engine alinitengenezea vizuri nikamrespect

Sometimes it gets jammed, no child water from radiator goes to engine to cool it leading to over heating. Thermostat acts as a valve or gate for water to enter the engine. It’s usually a good problem of over heating

1 Like

Every 100k km. Check the manual. Everytime you replace water pump is good to replace timing belt too.i did mine after 100 k km.

Most people completely do away with it. Expect a slight increase in fuel consumption if you chuck it.

2 Likes

I lost their contacts but there are many shops on that road selling engines. But you need to go there yourself. Ukituma mechanic akutafutie, usinilaumu.

Timing belt, not timing chain.

2 Likes

True, sometimes you get bad mechs and they teach expensive lessons.
But sometimes overly frugal clients pia huumia wakienda kubuy spares wenyewe, especially for not-too-common things.
One I had sought to save 5k on a land cruiser front diff so he said he would have one imported.
He got one with the same problem (bent diff tube). The guys who sold it him just painted it over to look new.
Mwingine pia carb boots for the wrong model year ya nduthi.

Tuff one hata imports ni imbo we r done

Tata ikuje

Carry your chasis number, hit Impala dowtown or Industrial Area along Dar es salaam rd. Make sure you have a good mech to scrutinize your oil pump, water pump as well as the entire cooling sysytem for leaks. Have your head ‘cut’ before fixing the gasket.

Fielder weka oil yake yenye inafaa na itapita 250k kilometres bila kutoa sauti yoyote. Weka oil mzuri ikiguruma ni kama inawhisper. wacha kubomoa engine bure. unajitafutia shida. A 100k kilometres fielder is likely to be running a 1NZ-FE and a few have a 1.8L 1ZZFE. Newer engines post 2008 acha kuisumbua pia. hakuna shida iko nayo. Na wacha nikwambie, ukifungua engine ni kama umeharibu ile perfect assemby manufacturer huwa amefanya. It will never be the same again.