Her maiden journey to the land of my forefathers - 800km later

The times stated are not exact (give and take + or - 1Hr) The drive was measured and safe but super quick where there was zero traffic…(240km/h in some stretches)

Yap! It is a very well done car too to be honest. Much better than a BMW 3 series in my opinion, particularly the looks.

Tell them my brother!

1 Like

Spot on. It is heaven on earth. Not a single pothole all the way to Ahero. Gava has done a good job. Let them maintain the roads going forward.

1 Like

Thanks

Correct. I can see there are people who have extreme attention to detail… superb.

True brother. We have only one life. Speed kills. Where roads allow we go fast, most times we behave. tell him 160km can be done in 1 Hr flat.

Correct. Even in sports mode the 8 speed gearbox does very very well to save you fuel. Maintenance cost is usually high because of the high standards demanded and extremely expensive parts thanks to thieving dealers. For example, BMW prescribes a change of rotors when changing the brake pads! Crazy! Then the runflats are only available here with Bhavaria.

And how about service intervals of 20,000-30,000km! Sweet stuff! I believe reliability is sometimes about luck. Some people enjoy car ownership, some experienced a wretched life when bad luck comes knocking.

I intend to buy my own parts since I have relations in Europe. Then I also have Rheingold software and I will attempt self servicing it:D:D Already a member of some BMW owners forums in the UK for assistance. The dealer is stealing from me no more!

1 Like

Yes, miguu ni runflat, yaani hata ukiwa na puncture bado waenda, gari za prezzoo huwa nazo ili Onyato asisimamishwe kubalishisha puncture.

Angalianga hizo mawe vizuri. Unaweza pata nugget ya gold ufute kazi hapo hapo.

2 Likes

Given that one services the car after a long time it might no be expensive… at 20000km that really sweet… and one advantage is if you are good at DIY. I saw on youtube at some channel a mech saying that a mercedes b s320 aint expensive to own only if you do 70 percent of the repairs. He went ahead and showed how you can repair every damn thing in the car, changin oil and oil filters, ata the airsuspension alibomoa hio kitu and said thez really nothing difficult its just that you will be over charged at the dealer

Unadhani kudrive ni mambo na mandume? Ati you can make under two hours to Nairobi by 4p.m. you’ll be in the pub with the boys? sawa endelea tu vivyo hivyo. driving fast especially on Kenyan roads is not something to be proud of, at all! Especially if you learnt how to drive just the other day alafu unaendesha these tin metal modern cars. Gari zinakunjwa kama beer can. Endesha kwa ustaarabu and why would you want to drive fast on such a scenic road anyway?

Endesha kama ndume hapo viewpoint utaokotwa tu huko chini kwa escarpment. Ati subaru driver,fast car, fast around the corners. And the way that road has depressions caused by heavy trucks. chunga maisha.

So where do you park?

@ochithunder and @hunningale how do you service a car at 30,000kms, kwani what is the difference? amd what kind of service is that?, gari ya kawaida inawesmake?

240kph you say? On a Kenyan road? okay. power to you.
And how much petrol did you use in that trip?

240 to 300 that’s f1 territory.

Ahaa… you follow this recommended schedule, here is an outline of what inspections you would go in for during the first 120,000 miles:

10,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

20,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

30,000 miles: Inspection 1

40,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

50,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

60,000 miles: Inspection 2

70,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

80,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

90,000 miles: Inspection 1

100,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

110,000 miles: Oil & Safety Check.

120,000 miles: Inspection 2.
I hope this explains it…
Inspection 2 mean major inspection 1 mean minor

Not inconceivable considering the roads are cleared of any traffic when he travels.

major inspection? what is that? What does it include?

And those are service intervals of 10,000kms…what about what ochithunder has said about 30000kms?

At that shack. Ill post a photo shortly:)))

1 Like

At 30000km is when most of the car part are nomarly worn out…like this is the time you might have to change parts that really cost money…unlike oil and filter changes that u normaly do… you follow this recommended schedule, here is an outline of what inspections you would go in for during the first 120,000 miles:

Inspection 1:

Underneath Your BMW:

This includes everything from prior inspections.

Verify the engine temperature

Check power steering system, rear axle, and transmission for leaks.

Check the exhaust system for leaks, proper positioning and mounting, and overall condition.

Check front control arm and bushing for wear.

Check steering system for absence of play and overall condition.

Clean the brake pad contact points, check the brake disc surfaces, and examine the thickness of your brake pads.

Examine brake lines and clutch system connectors for leaks, damage, and proper positioning

Check positioning and movement of parking brake cables.

Tires and Wheels:

Check tire pressure on all tires.

Examine tires for wear and even tread.

Grease wheel center hubs.

Under the Hood:

Read diagnostic system.

Check antifreeze, coolant, brake, clutch, and windshield washer fluid levels.

Examine engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks.

Check air conditioning is working correctly.

Perform a battery load test and check the electrolyte levels of your battery, and reset service indicator.

For the Body and Interior:

Check interior and exterior lighting for functionality.

Check indicator lights, instrument panel, and dashboard for illumination and control.

Check washer and wiper system

Check safety belts and visually check airbag units for damage.

Check heating and air blowers and defoggers

Check mirrors

I am not sure the secret but there is some recommended BMW longlife oil. Currently it is showing me next service at 20,000km! There have been allegations that BMW are trying to avoid service during warranty period to reduce costs but no one has proven that this long service is detrimental to the engine. Mercedes is also serviced above 10,000km. There is something these Europeans know that the Japanese may not be too interested in yet.

1 Like

240km/k stretches - Souther bypass, late night, Down Kinungi early morning, Down past Limuru Junction early morning, awasi-homabay when there is little traffic. It is not a speed you keep at for more than 10-20 seconds. It is too dangerous so we dont do that often

1 Like