Honda fit...

You don’t know what wealth is son.

2 Likes

Ngai… I’m doing an average of 9.5km/litre, kwani hilo gari lako lina engine ya nduthi??

2 Likes

Explain Dad.

3 Likes

I know some of you will bring mouth about this, I believe fuel consumption in a car depends on so many other factors. For example your driving style or discipline, mechanical condition of the car, the state of the road etc etc. I have been driving Toyotas and never had to complain about fuel consumption.

1 Like

Honda has this i-vtec technology that reduces fuel consumption… Why the other Japanese car makers don’t use it its hard to tell… But it was developed by Honda.

http://world.honda.com/automobile-technology/i-VTEC/

What are the key advantages of i-VTEC?

Class-leading power and fuel efficiency
High performance and low fuel consumption in a single engine.

i-VTEC regulates the opening of air-fuel intake valves and exhaust valves in accordance with engine speeds

By regulating valve opening to match engine speed, the agile i-VTEC engine adjusts its characteristics to realize both superior power and low fuel consumption.

The new 1.3L i-VTEC engine is agile and intelligent: at low engine speeds one of the two intake valves is idled. The engine sips gasoline, using a lean fuel mix at low engine speeds for further improved combustion efficiency.

@kush yule mnono just ignore these guys. People will always have negative things to say about anything and everything. Toyotas are just as efficient as any other car its equal.

2 Likes

true… 1.3cc is a good city car…take it up country and the small engine struggles more than a bigger engine would

What is a bigger engine? Most personal cars upcountry (Where I come from) are either 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6 very few are 1.8 or 2.0.

what i mean is 1.3 is a good city car…not the best for long distance travel

I get you, you can’t use it to carry avocados, mangoes and passagers and the like if that’s what you… I live in Nairobi and travel out once in a while…

i-VTEC is more or less what Toyota calls VVT-i. Different manufacturers call it differently. Nissan calls it CVTCS, Mitsubishi call it MIVEC, etc.

5 Likes

Women talking about ivitec that is exclusive genius only in Honda.fix me a sandwich when I stop laughing.
[ATTACH=full]4780[/ATTACH]

I-vtec and vvti are quite different, i-VTEC uses not only timing but also the lift aspect of the valves, while VVTi uses only the timing aspect. I will post the YouTube videos on their working mechanisms.

1 Like

Same technology different brand names. There are more superior cars than our Japanese staple here.

Kanà gataceraga koì nyúkwa ni chef kempiski.
Kuyk saying

1 Like

Something else guys are forgetting is that we buy cars depending on what we fancy and can afford i.e is it speed, comfort, fuel efficiency, safety etc no need to bad mouth a mark x juu fuel imekulemea fact is the car is awesome ask the one who owns it and can fuel it…

Hapa pia. Gari ya huyu Elin unaweza fuel na hopes and dreams yakaa.

@Elin aka former Supu. hats off. you are one knowledgeable lady

1 Like

Someone explain why 2 spark plugs in such a small cylinder. Am sure the pistons r the size of my giant penis.

Its the same technology as VVTI and VVTL every modern car has that. These technologies are usually stolen from german cars. However, toyota has its own version of the technology. Its variable valve timing