How much can I make trading in a Day?

This is a question I always get from interested individuals.

Like me after meeting Obi, most traders start here. Needless to say that the question is not only a wrong one but also it gets one classified as a noob. Don’t get me wrong, we all start somewhere. After all a new world of abundance has been unveiled to you. Before your mind’s eye are the Rolls Royce wraith and holidays in Bahamas. Yet that little whisperer in your head gets you to doubt. The voice says “ask him how much he can make in a day.” In other words the mind needs its doubts put to rest and a huge tombstone with a suiting epitaph erected there for memories’ sake. Stay with me, I promised you an answer.

You can make from $1 to $100,000. “In a day?” you ask. As for the $1, mjengo beats its. Also anything less than $30 in 20 trading days a month can hardly pay the bills. What about the $1,000-$100,000? Audi R8, anyone? BUT how much are you worth first? By that I mean your $worth and SKILLS worth.

Now a more realistic question would have been average weekly or monthly return. Which to answer I would give statistical average of the best and worst of said periods. All the while factoring the profitable and loss trades.

Back to the worth I hinted about, starting with the dollars. Basically in trading you use your capital to buy or sell currency or commodities in advance. However the movements up or down are very small. Usually 0.0001% in a second up to a minute. This can translate to 0.008-0.1% a day. Very minute, the word you are looking for is fluctuation. To profit from these fluctuation you need huge capital. This is achieved by using a fraction of your capital to borrow the rest and magnify the moves up to 100X. Hence the larger your capital the more you can borrow and make more.

Here is a typical scenario. With a $2,000 trading account, roughly kes 200,000 you can make up to $100 in a day. That amount can make you king of some circles. BUT, will you make it daily? Even with wallstreet puzzling skills I doubt it. How many matatus do you know that bring in constant chunks of mullah day in day out? The nature of any business is to manage well when in profit and limit the loss potential. That is why the projection of a day is wrong. You need long term outlook to let the law of averages work in your favour.

So, going back to my answer a SKILLED trader with $2,000,000 to $10,000,000 can make $100,000 in a day. Not necessarily every day, but with small losses and a good number of six figure days the fellow is rich. The numbers could be astronomical in our currency but that is all they are. Numbers. See I didn’t take away your dream car or your dream.

Now you may ask “How long will it take to be skilled?” See you in the next thread.

don’ t encourage leverage of more than 10:1

this is gold and thanks for sharing your knowledge generously

I do not make recommendations, good sir. As we proceed you will confirm that.

Trading = Betting

Tell that to this guy
[ATTACH=full]166238[/ATTACH]

You are taking huge volume. For a beginner that’s too much risk. I’ve been trading for 2 years and I can tell you this happens to only 5% of traders.

Wow! I didn’t know how big the family is. Awesome. We should meet over drinks some day.

Yes we should sometime

Lead into Gold… like the alchemists of yore. Will it work?

Are you among the 5%?

Yes, but only through the crucible. Meanwhile I dare say you’ve read my intentions with this posts. I dream of adding knowledge to my brothers and sisters, however little.

Personally, my statistics and circles allude so.

The only reason I fear forex is the thin margins. Razor-thin. If you zig and everyone else zags, you get a margin call.

I have come to realise Southafricans have the biggest trading community in african, am really learning alot from their trading groups.

My friend you are wrong to think so. Margin is always enough, only that you risk all of it. You need to understand your strategy and its worst performance. From there calculate your risk in a way that you don’t get stopped out prematurely.

Even my mentor challenges me about the same. I couldn’t agree more. Check out the likes of Shendile Shinze (forgive my spelling if wrong). But the day fellows stop treating Forex like gambling and realize PHDs get paid for it then they can tap the potential.

Kuna kamzee fulani kameshinda kakinisumbua na hii mambo ya forex. He’s quite loaded and has been pestering me to introduce him to anybody who can trade successfully for him. He is quite well versed on matters shares trading but wants to venture into forex. He promised 2M in capital as long as the trader had a verifiable track record. Sasa shida ni ati mimi nilikuwa nadhani hii forex inahusu mambo ya forex bureau. Hizi posts za @Alchemist zimenifungua macho wallahi

@Mr Jailer if you are up to it you can learn and help the fellow. To be rich you must help create wealth too. 2M is $20,000. Very efficient and effective capital if one is skilled.
Forgive my enquiry, what is your skill level.

And by the way we have 18 threads to go.