How to end tribalism part 1(think tanks kujeni)

I have a cousin who suffered that thing mpaka saa he’ in campo I don’ think amerecover. He used to date this kachik from primo wakiwa watoi hadi high chool. Out of nowhere in form3 msichana akaambia wazazi she has a bf and she loves him very much . Vile walijua si kabila yake dem alipigwa tranfer haraka upesi hadi kwao mashinani na ata wakitoka shule anakaa kwa shosho yake. It was hard to have to explain to my cousin her parents did it becoz ur from another tribe

The part on illiteracy i have explained hapo chini kodogo.

Pole kwake.

Simple fact Kenyans use allegations as reason for their actions…like right now be real we all preached peace …then your neighbour comes after you …someone in Your hood is the one fucking shit up around in the name of their political leaders or as a cry to something …the violence makes no sense …people are giving excuses for these ‘tribal’ people(I am sure 90% don even care about their culture) and use the vacuum of truth to perpetuate their violence .Is it hard to do a peaceful protest? Recently we saw them in the road doing this fuckery at 2:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1hK4UWR0o

Hebu explain how exerting so much energy on on tarmac makes a point…tell me…if it ain just stupidity.I can’t empathize with it…it isn’t scary? It just makes me wonder why niggas act stupid…but sorry I digressed,so why can’t we take responsibility cuz in the end even when we catch whoever sponsors these actions the people who commit them are among us…not them.and they will always be them but how long will you last with us…these stupid divisions driven by political narratives have to stop and that’s why the push for the constitution to be obeyed at all cost has to be obeyed…that’s the only level playing field we have…cuz what we now start negotiating for western …should north eastern and coast also follow such shit…cuz deaths and violence and we will come and do something special for you…the leaders have been chosen they have to work…and we mean work…the media gets serious and keeps the people informed…like in coasto joho had a ship load of investors and he did nothing for it…ask @Meria Mata kama if the people knew ,nope…this nigga can’t even arrange a ka small festival to showcase what we got some rich fella falls for it…and MTA skia was coast people saying we are marginalised… How? When no is taking any thing seriously… Everyone wants to get rich quick …until they see the fish they won’t throw in their lines …

Humans are prone to hatred. Since emotional intelligence is low in most Kenyans, we look for any reason, however stupid, to blame someone else for our misfortunes. Some blame witchcraft, some blame the government, some blame anyone they meet, some blame tribe, some blame race, some blame colonialism… the list is very long.

Even if we defeated tribalism, other -isms will automatically emerge.

Nevertheless, to curb tribalism as the OP asked, IMO:

1. The Kenyan government should make it mandatory for all pupils to study two Kenyan languages before they join secondary school (Swahili doesn’t count). A practicum follows whereby before tge pupil joins secondary school, they spend a reasonable amount of time living amongst the communities they studied. (Something like student exchange programs)

Two things, economic and political justice

Do you know something called Devolution?
Do you know how it works?
Find out how much fund the county in question got from central government and how it was used.If you get those questions right you can join the rest of us in discussing solid matters that affect human life

Tribalism exists in the mind of weak politicians to divide and rule. Now it is pitting other tribes against kikiyu, last time it was them against kalenjin…why do we allow ourselves get controlled by politicians? We are worse than the radicalized youths fighting religious wars.

and the only way is through a referendum.

Why is that?

Not to answer my question but i think its because the devolved funds are being misused and then a blame is pointed at the central government.This could be one of the reason.

Good argument though the issue of President being chosen by MPs is one of those ideas that look good on paper but are not practical here is why . the current politicians(most) we have are selfish and busy looking out for there personal interest so if such system was put in place they would only choose presidents who will help them loot public funds or one who will provide a conducive environment for them to carry out other less than legal endeavors.

Nope hapana…ati president by MP’s are you serious …you want to sell your freedom … The presidency will be bought and manipulated.we are a third world country don’t make it easy for them … As I said the bad guys are also among us…so this won’t eliminate that…

Tribalism is an inborn thing which shall never end. we just mis-use it for selfish reasons.
even in the so called developed world that we so much like to copy /emulate tribalism (in this case they call it Racism) is still there ; thats why the blacks and whites in UsA dont agree, the rednecks and whites and blacks all dont agree. in Europe its even worse, what was the cause of Brexit ?? how about racism by Germans?

It is evil leaders who fan tribalism for political gain. However, it is an individuals choice whether to accept kubebwa waana na the so called leaders.
I have two examples:

1. Immediately after the 2002 elections, I was coming from Nyeri in a matatu. Seated next to me was a dim eye and we were all excited and euphoric (though I had voted for UK) When we reached Roysambu, the dim eye whispered to me that he’s going to Dandora but hana pesa ya mat from allsops to D. I asked him ni how much he said 30/=. I gave him 50/=
  2. On 25th Oct 2017, I had some work to do along Thika/Garissa highway. I boarded a Donyo Sabuk mat and sat next to a guy. On reaching landless, he was asked for fair and gave 20/= the makanga started arguing with him asking for more. The guy asked me how much is it to Donyo. He also said he doesn’t have any money left on him. I gave him 50/=. From his accent he was cambodian. As I was alighting, he gave me some njugu which I threw away coz I wanted to be sure to vote on 26th (yes I don’t trust anyone). My kids asked me, baba kwanini umetupa njugu? I told them you don’t eat anything from strangers.
    Now, If I was blindly following politicians on the two occasions, I wouldn’y have offered help to those two brothers. and therefore I say, it all boils down to individual choices.

Economic marginalization is the major problem.

How are people going to be helped in this.They have had funds taken right to their door,do they also want help in setting up the right business ventures?

That is also set up as advisory boards…like tag line life ndo maisha…sure thing manenos ndo issue just be honest

We have made progress, ten years ago our tribes were set against each other, blood was shed, lives lost, property lost. A decade later we have kept our cool, is that not progress?

Check out the structure of assigning duties to policemen and county commissioners , Its very random. Suppose we ammend our constitution and we have a luo governor in Kirinyaga, Sapere in Siaya, a Kisii in Tana River, a ndauo in KK and so on and so forth, we restrict locals from vying for gubernatorial positions.
But za chini chini zibaki venye ziko. Itagwesekana kweri?

I will never ever agree with a rotational presidency. That’s taking tribalism to the highest office.
It’s the luhya turn to rule. Ob saa hii ni Mijikenda. Oh we don’t want Kalenjins they’ve led long enough… Absolutely not. This idea should not even be given airtime.