In-search of a Working Formula

You are source of easy money or free money. The consequences is that she has developed an urge to exhaust the kitty fast so that you can replenish it. Or she is just being sly saving big time, you will one day get shocked by her portfolio of investments which is a good thing for the family.

2 Likes

Okay letā€™s get this right. Talker, your post title is rather misleading. You are suggesting solutions.

:D:D:D:D:Dsi you have come with brooms

1 Like

:D:D:D Leta hekaya bro.

I donā€™t think its a women problem, this poor money habit of extravagance. Some humans just canā€™t be economical with resources. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m no cheapskate but extravagance just because you can afford it is a no for me.

Jehovah,Wanawake jo! I have never known how they are wired.
Maze their appetite to buy stuff ni noma.
Hii story of comparing themselves with others makes things worse.
And try to question her spending and Third World War is inevitable.
We love and hate them in equal measures.

4 Likes

Discipline is the key. Women love spending money anyhow. That urge can be tamed. Eti 200k/month canā€™t be enough? You have got to sit her down and come up with a monthly budget. And put your foot down.

5 Likes

It is an element of extravagance of sorts on the wifeā€™s part and a lack of failing to stamp authority on the manā€™s side. @severe if she has to spend that much, let her also bring her share to the family income, otherwise labda anaweka mbuloti mahali behind your back.

2 Likes

From my experience in cohabiting with several hoes I can tell you that nothing you do will ever be good enough. I remember there was a time we used to do shopping for major stuff and leave enough cash for groceries everyday but still she used to tell me vitu zingine hakunaā€¦

4 Likes

Yesā€¦her mother and siblings.

2 Likes

Utashtuka amenunua tuploti kadhaa, anataka kuenda soloā€¦

3 Likes

Do not drink whisky on a keg budget.
You have taught your woman to live outside your economic zone.
Give her all the shopping money and tell her ikiisha, ajipange.
If food runs out, eat ugali with water mpaka end month.
After three months, atashika adabu.

4 Likes

Bulk shopping, then break down all the other allowances to weekly, if it was 80gs, unapeana 20 every weekā€¦
This creates accountability, and less suffering. Pesa zake zikiisha Friday Unalenga ni kama haikuwa inakuhusu hadi the next Monday.
You will only have two weeks of fighting. Coz regardless of how much you talk and text bout issues. Women are irrational spenders unless they are the ones providing

8 Likes

Wife ni kama mtoto, unampangia morning kabla utoke. Letā€™s say unaacha 5 sok, unabreak down every single item that money is going to do. With time, you condition her na anaingia system.

1 Like

I can comfortably say that this is true having seen it with my own eyes both with my sis and now hapa

2 Likes

Hata mi naona hivyo, pesa ni kama inaenda kwao. Huyu jamaa anafaa kuchunguza if there are major lifestyle changes at his inlaws. He could be the one financing such changes unknowingly.

Hata hio ya weekly ni too much, mtu kama huyu unampangia daily kama mtoto. Akikosa kufuata maagizo, watu wakunywe strong tea na walale.

See that bit about ā€œā€¦unless theyā€™re the ones providingā€¦ā€?
Ukweli u hapo!
I used to ask one question which settled things without much ado:
Would you do this (whatever ā€œprojectā€ had caught their fancy at the time) with your money?
I say ā€œtheirā€ because experience shows a female head has several inhabitants and they run the entire gamut from sensible to deranged depending on a whole slew of factors :wink:
Nowadays I get consulted on how to allocate/apportion her money! :slight_smile:

1 Like

tsk tskā€¦u scare me everyday

Hehehehe chunguza, my cousin married a Chic whose shags is two kilometers from his maternal grandmother place, he works in the medical field in a neighbouring country, His mom called him, and told him his alcoholic brother in law boasts of how his wife gives him money to spend.
It pained him that he is struggling to keep his family in a good state while his money ends up being diverted.