Jamaa Wa Petrol Station Kaweka DIESEL Kwa Landcruiser Ya PETROL

https://twitter.com/i/status/1773080478980915482

1 Like

Can’t be sure if it ain’t clout , mkamba amekam ready na cameras

4 Likes

Sonkoste is always recording

That’s obviously a Nissan Patrol Y62 with a 5.6L petrol engine.

I stand corrected.

But such a behemoth of an engine running on petrol ni yan nini, although in places such as Sodom many huge Fords and Chevy Silvarados run of gasoline

2 Likes

Atoe reality series ya keeping up with Shondeske

1 Like

For easy maintenance. Diesel engines and poor maintenance don’t like each other. Hizi vitu mnasifu eti Toyota V8 zile zinatumia diesel zimeleta machos mingi hapa 254 kwa wale careless users.

Ujue pia Diesel na Petrol za Kenya hazijafika kiwango.

Mitsubishi GDI zikianza mashida heri kuiza haraka upesi. GDi egine once overhauled in Kenya hairudi vile inavyofaa.

Nimeona Toyota Fortuna za Petroli zikikalia wasee vibaya sana

Very simple problem solved in 20 minutes. Don’t start the engine. Drain out the fuel. Put two litres of the right fuel and drain out. Put full tank of the right fuel. Kazi kwisha

8 Likes

True true. Our fuel here has godawful octane rating.

I’m surprised someone at a petrol station cannot fix this without hullabaloo. Apologize to the customer, drain it off, and give him a couple of litres free (meaning you pay for those litres yourself) for the trouble and for wasting his time. It’s called customer care.

Happened to me pale nice city mwea…vile tu guka amesema,problem solved… although nilitomba hako kadem petrol attendant hio siku​:grin::grin::grin:

Agree with you. For me, any engine larger than 2.5 litres should be a diesel. I love what Mazda is doing offering them Demios and CXs with diesel engines.

As for the argument that diesels are hard to maintain compared to petrol engines…how? I always see the maintenance schedule is the same for petrol and diesel; change oil with recommended type, air and oil filters, and the occassional replacement of coolant and timing belt. Ni kitu gani ngumu hapo @Stick-Up_Kid?

I should take my time to explain but this article does a better job…

Don’t start the engine. Just drain the fuel and flash with petrol

Huyu ni content creator kama azziad, don’t believe him

Once upon a time. I bought a caldina, the very first ones, it had a diesel engine. By the time I sold it me and mechanics around my hood had become very good friends. I knew his place because I had dropped him off severally as once in a while he’d be working on the car till late or he’d come pick me up from where I was drinking because the car couldn’t start. He knew everyone at home since he was often there as the jalopy couldn’t take itself out the gate. While selling it my mechanic had to put some piece of mattress kwa dipstick ndio isirushe oil on starting. The buyer came with his mechanic and that was the first place he checked. Signs of repairs had all been cleaned. Ilienda and I felt relief. Circa 2008. Let’s just say I avoid small diesel engines if I can.

I know there have been improvements since but it still gives me shivers

1 Like

Can you explain why? Although a Mazda engine is nothing to brag about.

I am not getting the argument for diesel engines? Also remember that those Fords and Chevys have much simpler engines than Toyotas. Very simple to fix even the V8s. Put a Toyota Tundra v8 and a Ford F150 side engine side by side, utashangaa.

The first words of his (Barasa’s) response tell it all. He hates diesels. Ni kama rexxsimba na Trump ama Putin. All of what he purports to tell in that article is sour speculation. I would not take any advice about diesel engines from him. Nearly all the vehicles (trucks and cars) I’ve ever owned have been diesels (@Longpole, upo?) and I can only sing praises about them, viz;

• No engine misfires or car sounding out of tune. Granted, a diesel without a turbo is very sluggish (though 70 series Landcruisers demolish this assertion), but I don’t have to think about sparkplugs, ignition coils or other electric/electronic components associated with petrol engines.
  • Diesels are super-economical with fuel. Add this to the fact in Kenya, diesel costs less than petrol.

Late last year, I had the opportunity of driving a friend’s Demio with a Skyactiv Diesel engine. The experience left me with a big grin on me face. That little 1.5 litre turbodiesel can haul. For those familiar with the Thika-Garissa road, there’s a longish incline just before reaching a center called Mbondoni as you head towards Mwingi town from Thika. The little Demio was able to tackle that incline in excess of 140kph from near standstill as you commence the incline (because of bumps at the start of the climb). I am yet to drive a small engined vehicle capable of that on that incline. The other thing is the engine consumes about 4.5 litres of diesel per 100km. Which petrol car of similar engine capacity consumes like that?

The beauty of diesel engines is torque. Combined with turbos, no petrol engine of similar capacity (even with turbo) will beat a diesel, with the added advantage of diesels consuming far less fuel for similar distance traveled compared to petrol. Diesels burn cleaner too in comparison (yes, do an experiment. Go and check modern vehicles with diesels on the road and come back to me with evidence of any spewing black smoke and I’ll retract my statement).

But diesels have been demonised because they are so powerful, so clean and so frugal, they would’ve made electric and hybrid vehicles unnecessary. So many restrictions have been placed upon them, its become untenable to manufacture. Those who still do attach too many restrictive gadgets (because: regulations) on them (eg DPF, EGR, DEF systems) thereby chocking and complicating them, hence the sad stories you hear about diesels nowadays. They perform best when they are simple and unshackled by electronics and gizmos.

I can go on and on and on about diesels, provide data, analyses, charts, etc, but…ni hayo tu kwa sasa, asanteni.

3 Likes