Jubilee Development-Launch of 24 months construction of JKIA-Westlands-James Gichuru Express funded, build, operated & maintained by CCCC

You

Yeah… I got it… What i am talking about is that roundabout at the top… It is better had a proper interchange like the initial be done here… This interchange with a round about will cause traffic jams for the roads from james gichuru, redhill, rironi and jkia itself
@spear… Check the initial proposed interchange which for me i think was good
[ATTACH=full]265468[/ATTACH]

I think you are now guessing. This interchange above is a lower grade to the one picked below and one directional as it mostly serves as entry and exits from Rironi-Westlands road users into James gichuru road and Redhill roads from both direction. However what about the road users from James Gichuru and Redhill who want to connect seamlessly across. That why it was enhanced to enable that.
[ATTACH=full]265470[/ATTACH]
Now you have exits and entry for all four roads (Rironi-Westlands-Redhill-James Gichuru) at the top towards the tolled road or below at the free public road. From Redhill if you want to go to James Gichuru direct you climb the ramp to connect at the top then down the other side. If you want to join the highway you use the lower road. Same to the highway users who want to exit on either side.

Let me remain always the sceptic.
The designs for Outer Ring road were very exciting but what did we end up with?
A poorly built road with many important features left out and all they are doing now as after thoughts are the patch up designs they are working on almost two years after the project was supposed to be complete.
And of course at escalated cost, China man doesn’t wake up to go and dig up Allsopps for free.

Wangewacha space for brt like they said years ago in the original plan, oh wait hio itakuja baadaye. Pink line + more eating.
And where is Dr. Ruto?

Okay… Though i feel the design for that part should have been much better

hapa Dr.uncle Ruto hajakula kakitu…yote ni ya kijana kenyatta. 3b per km road…very expensive one this…ati ppp

The main problem were motorists from Redhill connecting to Jame Gichuru both ways had to cut across oncoming traffic below and join the other dual lane with its own traffic to cross. That meant introducing traffic lights at the interchange and slowing things down. Its also means its capacity from the start is limited to a lower traffic flow from the date of commissioning. However this interchange picked means the express road below is not interfered by traffic cutting across ever. Its also means the connections are now on top or the service lanes below. That connection can work even without traffic lights but should the numbers increase then they can be installed. CCCC is the biggest construction company in the world. They didn’t just design this and hope it works. They created simulations and used their experience to do this project. This road to them is nothing. They said even 12 months its can be done. They built SGR Mombasa to Nairobi in 24 month. They have done those wonder projects in China and Asia that were very complicated on time.

Wastage. I feel that removing roundabouts and constructing exchanges would have been enough to solve traffic issues along the current road

Hapo sawa. Have been eagerly waiting for this

The government will push traffic to the new road in order to pay the Chinese, just like they are doing with the SGR

@spear …not bad , but i wish the japanese biult it coz we all know 10% finder’s fee imetembea among jubilee thieves

Back in architecture school tuliambiwa hizi elevated roads are bad for social life of a city, itadivide Nairobi in half then dead space huko chini itakuwa ngori security, ile tu ndogo pale railways wasee wa gari hunyongwa everyday, so kutumia hapo chini itakuwa zi usiku, but ni opinion yangu.

Aside, Bbi is here to stay.Source. Kenyatta. Brace yourselves for dynasties

I think someone should volunteer and start a lesson here on one simple thing.

The road is being build by PPP. Government is not funding this project. Its not getting a loan to fund this project.

The money for this project is entirely paid for by CCCC. They are using their own money to build this road. We are not paying anything to them.

You have an option here. Use the free three lanes dual roads below and its 2 lane service roads. Slower at 60Km max but better condition than now as CCCC have signed on to maintain it perfectly for 30 years for free. For them to offer to maintain the free road below that they will upgrade is a very good offer. Consider the scandal right now that cs macharia gave out a local contractor a 1billion annual contract to maintain Thika road. You can see the mess they are doing on that road already. Orders from above or personal interest, well tutajua tu very soon.

On this project if you like to drive faster at 80Kms through the heart of the cit, reach CBD or Westlands in 15 mins from JKIA anytime/day or night peak/non peak then for a fee use the express road above, pay and cruise.

This arrangement is for 30 years then after CCCC exits and hands over both elevated and free road to government at zero cost.

Government isn’t funding this project.

Around how much will this toll fee be?

[ATTACH=full]265502[/ATTACH]

Asante this was the KeNHA brief before the launched public participation excise. Components of it has changed to address the concerns of the public and those affected by it. Even the land acquired has reduced. The interchanges enhanced, the road starts from mlolongo not JKIA. It was extended at the request of locals there, fixes here and there. You will see the funding CCCC uses is given to them directly from Chinese government. Its not to our Treasury.

@spear so when does the construction start… Does today mark the official start of construction or December?

Today, it has started already, it will be built 24/7.

Ok… Good one