Jubilee Development-Launch of 24 months construction of JKIA-Westlands-James Gichuru Express funded, build, operated & maintained by CCCC

Niice. And that part about starting from Mlolongo is perfect

@spear someone asked you a question na ukachorea. Hii toll itakua chapa ngapi hivi? Does it depend on the point of entry? So we are looking at several toll stations along the road. Mlolongo, JKIA etc.
Or say your car is marked digitally at the point of entry then you pay midway before the first interchange/exit.

Sijaona hiyo question. There is no word from CCCC how much they will charge to use the elevated private road.

It’s unfortunate how Kenyans think… how would you have liked us to fund this Ksh60billion project

So this road wi gobble an average of 3b per km? Just think of what 3b can do if well thought out in a city like Nairobi? For me that is enough money to put extra BRT lanes on major roads Nairobi starting from Mombasa rd, Ngong rd, thika rd, waiyaki way, jogoo and ksngundo road and all the way to the airport. But since someone has to eat and we have empty heads at kenha and the ministry of transport, add on matatu cartels and the biggest of all uhuruto, then it will never happen

The arguement that the road is PPP and not govt funded doesn’t sail. What needs to be understood is that the cost of the road is inflated and we as Kenyans are the ones who will be bear the repayment through high toll charges.

How will someone eat and the money isn’t touching our government. Also this road includes BRT below. I don’t think Those BRT alone may solve the traffic issues as without removing roundabouts it will still be jam as usual. The 4 notorious roundabouts are so close to each other removing means putting a fly over them anyway.

Another thing @spear shouldn’t the government not provide an alternative road to the toll road so that if I dont want to pay I can use the public funded road?

You guys dont get it…say the original road cost is 20B and repayment was to be after 20 years now enter the cartels and the project is inflated to 40B meaning 2 things

1. Either the 40B is paid in the 20 years with high toll charges.
  2. The 40B is paid at an extended period of 40 years instead of the 20 years.
    In both instances one thing is constant; an extra 20B will be gobbled up

This fraud is for someone playing the long game, where even out of power he will still have his hand in the cookie jar and that happens to be one person I can think of: UHURU

You are talking a lot of nonsense when all the information is provided. Do you want it spoonfed to you?
The road on the ground level is free to use.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=916906&page=104&amp=1
@spear See what some people are saying about this highway on this skyscrapercity thread. I believe they have a good point

The toll price will be Sh6 per kilometre. Cheaper than many countries.
You have an option of not paying, and using the free road.

And how can the cost be Sh20 b on a road that is mostly bridge.
Do you know the amount of concrete and steel that goes into those things? Ama you just want to hear yourself talk?
Why don’t you compare prices with comparable projects from around the world.

So how is that any different from what people say here or there. What is your specific area of contention apart from what you have already said and I answered. Be specific. Don’t just say people are saying this or that. That’s lazy thought process. What do you know, understand and what do you need to be expounded on. Say it and it can be debated.

On the alleged inflated cost of construction, thats absurd thinking. So CCCC which is state owned by China, is funded by the same Chinese state to build this project from its own pocket. So they are inflating from its own project to eat money they already have? The money isn’t being channeled through our Treasury. Basically its saying they are stealing from themselves. Then I wonder how did you reach conclusion its inflated. Specific quote overprice on the project or is just the general comment “I heard from so and so”.

@spear These are some valid concert that have been raised, First of all we have not seen anywhere in the contract the provisions for footbridges, pedestrian walkways, and cycling lanes and even brt. Does it mean a separate contract will be floated for this. The fact that the lower road will be untouched but some existing lanes hived off for brt is worrying as we are losing lanes instead of adding them … And how will the brt assist in traffic jams given the fact it is using the same lower road that wont have any interchanges at all but the same usual roundabouts

From that picture below showing the road section without elevation, I can count 2 cycling lanes and 2 pedestrian walkways. All in green. Its there for the entire 27Kms. People are not seeing them because they are not looking for them.
[ATTACH=full]265568[/ATTACH]
Also note this are renders showing the road from high above. Cycling paths are just one meter with small barriers like Ngong road. Let’s look at the details design drawings below. The visual impression of the walkways, crossing barriers at the bottom of the elevated road and its towers height that enables adequate lighting below every time.
[ATTACH=full]265571[/ATTACH]
One the last thing on BRT, you are contradicting yourself. You say you don’t see a provision for BRT then in the next sentence you say its there is a provision for one lane for BRT. You can’t have it both ways. The free roads has 3 lanes on either shoulders like it is currently and was on the original design before Public participation. However after consideration of views they added another 2 lane dual service road to meet expected increase of traffic during peak periods. That’s means in total its 5 lanes actually. That’s an improvement. Easy to see it on the renders but somehow it passes notice. On BRT, public transport doesn’t cause traffic jams, its all of you individual car owners all driving themselves that clog the roads. The unique case in Kenya is our cartel driven matatus are not a law abiding motorists. A well functional dedicated public mass transportation means like BRT or Commuter train is better than another dual road let alone one lane. They carry more people. However I disagree with ministry of transport officials that BRT is the answer. That middle lane provision for BRT that is there and provided for should go to Commuter train which handles X10 the capacity of BRT, safer, less pollutant than vehicles and proven to attract single drivers from cars to public transport. BRT is a hit or miss project but mostly miss.

On footbridges, I actually laughed. Mombasa road has footbridges currently on the road especially the areas without elevation. Maybe it can be extended or more added. On the elevated section there is no provision for that. CCCC has provisions for underpasses on those sections simply because a tall footbridge is a no for almost all users.

Lastly the interchanges are there from JKIA, Capital centre, Nyayo stadium, Bunyala, Haile Selassie, Kenyatta Avenue, Museum hill, Westlands and finally James Gichuru. I don’t know where this idea of its not being done came from. How else do you upgrade this current free road without replacing the roundabouts.
[ATTACH=full]265573[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]265574[/ATTACH]
However I get the points and misconceptions. Poor communication from Ministry of Transport and KeNHA.

You can argue without the insults boss.

@spear Okay… I think the best thing to do is to wait for the final product… That is 2021 Dec then we can critique it… Just like the outering road… Which they ignored many things at the initial stage and they are trying to incorporate it now… As an after thought. For me now i will just hold my peace and wait for the final product and then critique it… Maybe it is unfair for me to critique a thing which has not been done at all

No its never wrong to speak out, just do the thinking on your own and study it beforehand. Outer ring mistakes was based on KURA inexperience that’s why the management was changed as mistakes were consistent in its projects. The new DG and management are in place. I hope the same changes can take place at Ministry of Transport. On this I have complete faith in CCCC. The best construction company in the world. They said the only thing which can delay them is us not moving utilities on time otherwise they can even do this project in 1 year if the whole site was clear.

@spear James Macharia is the most incompetent guy in office and he mostly contradicts himself in what he says. If the president was serious he should have been shown the door. He had said by this year May BRT will be up and running. How is that now… Most incompetent and clueless guy in charge of such an important ministry

They will eat through high toll charges off course. And any amount they don’t get from the tolls the govt will have to top up