Kenya airways 2015 profits

Yeah. This is just some management issue. The brand itself iko juu, it beats logic ati inastruggle.

ā€œBe fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.ā€

• Canā€™t remember the commentor

Problem is, the lower cadre staff already recieved pay cuts. Its now the managementā€™s turn to receive pay cuts. Now, we being Kenyans, the cuts will be thrown back to the lower cadre and the rest will still continue to earn theirs or even increase them. They still have aircraft repayments and their planes still wonā€™t be full, the price of jet fuel will be affected by this weakening of our shilling

kuna jamaa ameuliza whether to dump KQ shares. this quote should guide him together with ā€œbuy when blood is flowing in the streetsā€

3 Likes

They use the Embraer 190 for the Kigali route. Sometimes passes through Bujumbura. Took it last week. Was packed to the brim! A large percentage were foreigners. So, despite the higher fares, people who are after proper travel (maybe quality), sometimes take KQ. Noticed too that the number of customers who went through the gates to the RwandAir plane (Dubai via Msa) were less than the ones that took KQ to NBO. Same for NBO-Blantyre (sometimes via Harare). KQ ships more passengers than Malawi Airlines or Ethiopian.

The only KQ flight that I ever took that was hardly full, was a direct flight to New Delhi. KQ was more expensive that Qatar which had a stop at Doha and Emirates which had a stop at Dubai. Soā€¦

I think the issue is management and corruption (M01 and Co. own KQ planes that they lease to KQ, high salaries for managers, wastage, fuel prices etc).

For most travelers (esp business people), a flight to Dar that takes 1h 25m nonstop for USD 240 beats one that takes 7h 25mins (with a 2h 30m stop over in Addis) for USD 145. Time is Money.

1 Like

despite never being full the KQ embraers to Oliver Tambo I A have more passengers than SA airline. uenyewe KQ has quality that it tries to maintain regardless of the route.
Ati you said what? kuna wakenya who lease out aircrats to KQ? fukc! na tunajiita wakenya. aki ya nani Kenya si yetu

kuna beste one time alinienjoy tubook cheap flight to Kenya from US. manze tulienda Zurich Brussels Dubai Senegal Addis karibu three days on transit nikamwambia siku nyingine this bullcrap apana taka. book Sky Team get into Delta to Schipol layover of two hours enough for four beers get into KlM straight to JKIA 16 hours pap! Time is crucial

1 Like

Chickens coming home to roost, delays, rude staff, airfare is too damn high. KQ staff discriminated against me on two different occasions;one in favour of Indians when i was en route to England the other in favour of Nigerians on my way home.

I experienced attitude ya KQ staff last weekend. I asked for absolute vodka chupa nne. Hostess alinkpatia but looked at me na hasira ni kama nilikuwa nakunywa damu yake. nway, bado 3 days kuku warudi nyumbani

Very stupid hostess. Na kama ni economy mmelipa more or less the same fare.

@ Okiya, my worse and Most rude experience from the hostess was when i asked for an extra Bottle of Red wine, she rudely told me that in service flights are closed as the flight is about to Land,That was Nairobi-Lusaka Route(KQ-424) to my surprise, a mzungu lady seated next to me was served with Whiskey, 5 minutes after my request was turned down. I think its because she had earlier purchased a $60 duty free perfume. Hiyo siku nili jam na sitawai sahau even the captains name(Mike Shiuka) and the bastard hostess cum flight purser was Rachel(A semi MOMO in her late 30)

Ungemwonyesha the middle finger. That cunt ni Mkenya?

Wu Tang, Ni mkenya and i gave the bastard a piece of my mind, i even went to an extent of showing her my frequent flyer number aache madharau. I was so pissed that day!

1 Like

The fall of KQ would not be in the strategic interest of Kenyans. No country can attain economic success without a reliable transport network. Nairobi has been made a regional hub partly because of KQ and other airlines that regularly use NRB. Have you wondered why many tourists going to Tz prefer to come to NRB and use taxis to Arusha or Dar? Many flights enroute other countries station at JKIA. Multinational companies also choose to invest in NRB because there are reliable flights to import and export destinations. That said, the greatest undoing of KQ has been the management and its snobbish/rude/uncaring/clueless employees. The management has made strategic mistakes in the past that are still haunting the company to date. That has scared investors as exemplified by the poor performance of KQ stock in the NSE. Secondly, many times, customers have complained of unfriendly treatment by KQ staff. It has been rumored that some employees hide beverages meant for clients. A strong labor union has also messed up KQ. KQ cannot sack old pilots without the union raising hullabaloo. I also remember the time when KQ tried mass layoffs only for the union to rush to the courts, a case in which KQ lost and was ordered to pay the employees massive compensation.

Iā€™ve once heard someone say that KQ needs is management or a CEO whoā€™s an expert in Customer Relations, perhaps with an FMCG background, rather than an accountant. I never knew why they said that at the time but in the face of all these customer/passenger complaints that seem to come their way, Iā€™m wiser.

The problem starts at the top, somebody once told me naiCONi was never relaxed with the staff, meeting ilikua kisomo about how he doesnā€™t care so much about them but the profits. that attitude will definitely trickle down coz the crew sees a flier in the same way mgt sees them

NaiConi was/is one of the most overrated corporate leaders of the last 10-15 years. He knew how to play to the public gallery and many never knew things were so messed up in KQ until a few years ago.

He was cut from the same cloth as Kidero

2 Likes

Do you realize the finance director has been the same guy since the mess started?

Anyway, kesho, Thursday nitawaekea full results hapa za LOSS BEFORE TAX.

2 Likes