Kenya airways 2015 profits

Announcement underway @ Hotel Intercon

1 Like

[ATTACH=full]10685[/ATTACH] wolololo… Ni kubaya[ATTACH=full]10684[/ATTACH]

woi woi woi

I hope crazydude anasoma fleet ownership costs na ananikumbuka

1 Like

enyewe you have been vindicated, patriotism cannot gloss over a broken system; employees should be very worried, CV zirushwe everywhere, austerity and cost cuts are on the way

Jeeeeso!!

operating loss has grown by 500%

Hata ni zaidi. More like 600%+.:frowning:

1 Like

Ethiopian has a bigger fleet, more staff than KQ by like 2,000 but make profits. In 2014 when KQ was complaining of Ebola, Ethiopian made record profits

1 Like

BTW have they still hedged fuel prices and supplies? I heard they did that some time back when the costs were too high, now that it has dropped they may be paying more than the market price due to the hedging contract

Hawa watu wauze hiyo biashara. Deposit that money in a fixed deposit account and collect 12.5% a year.

What did Einstein say? Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Hizo ni billioni kadha? Really ugly.

:eek::eek::eek: fleet ownership costs doubled!!! whatever happens KQ cant go down, govt will still bail it out.

Bailout will come but with tough conditions. Job losses. Pay cuts.etc.

I remember KQ asked Ethiopian for a merger to fight off ME carriers. Ethiopian said a big NO. That shows you the gap between these 2

KQ has already sacked some people from last year, pay cuts are happening those conditions are inevitable. the govt should also become majority shareholder as a condition within the bailout. I think its management is competent just that they may have a hard time dealing with the life sucking cartels within its ranks.

KQ is going to get de-listed from the NSE.

Safaricom should buy KQ and run it.

jisoos! this is really bad. I pity the ceo he will receive fire yet he was handed a pig with lipstick. But anyway he was part of top mgt. Fleet ownership? wenyenchi have KQ by dem bolls. you lease then buy dreamliners then hedge fuel prices, I bet naConi was collecting kickbacks at every step. Next he will governor of Kajiado or Nairobi

Did you just say “management is competent” at KQ!? You pay 4 million a month to a CFO and he returns nothing?

That entire board, directors and senior management should be fired.

3 Likes

It’s not that easy due to existing laws on company ownership. Huku si kama Tanzania where Azam is actively involved in almost all major industries.

1 Like

Wait a minute, this could be an intentional sabotage to acquire an established business. Then Knight in shining armour comes in with a bail out and gets future profits…