Kenyan media is a hotbed of mediocrity and stupidity...............

I must say I was shocked at first, but then what the heck?

Octogerian, this was uncalled for. The guy just stated his opinion with a light touch. Why is it that no one ever watches KBC, is simply because they rarely do sensational news and that is what we Kenyans love. Furthermore that is what puts food on their table, why didn’t you say the same about Kamwana when he appeared nervous while welcoming the POTUS or the Kenyan police who have taken it upon themselves to harass innocent citizen simply because the son of Kogelo is in town. Let people be and if you feel offended by the reporting switch off the tv or watch some dvd. Ni hayo tu

2 Likes

Also KTN, and Citizen says they’ll interview 'em too.

None of the local channels is focussing on the panel discussions of the GES2015…many people would have learned a lot on those plenaries

2 Likes

Citizen TV have really lost it. Its a Global Entrepreneurship Summit and what are they feeding us;

1. Fellows playing video game in studio
  2. Lilian muli interviewing a panel of fashion experts to analyse the clothes obama wore
  3. Life size posters of obamas family
  4. A panel of adults sitted in funny egg like seats discussing features of the beast
  5. Reading shout outs sent on twitter from a big tv screen

I can bet this entrepreneurship summit will end and the only persons who will have been empowered as an are those kikuyu hawkers selling American flags.

14 Likes

They’re just giving commentaries and showing the statehouse. I was following the GES on KTN but they decided the statehouse is better too.

Manki sasa? Inaonekana mimi na Kabuda tulikataa kukudeflower sasa uko na kisasi? Serre!

If I was a journalist I would be interested in the following:

1. The Summit itself, it must be important for POTUS to actually attend and host it. Who are the participants? What output does the summit produce? How do we benefit from this summit?

2. Kenya’s engagement with the USA, what benefits could trickle our way with these two countries having a face-to-face meeting?

3. What can we learn from the USA’s handling of POTUS? The Beast is just one of them, how are they organized? What kind is threats do they look at? How good are their personnel?

1 Like

spoken like a sage

1 Like

One intelligent chap right there.

Is it only me who never watch local TV?

only one Kenyan can discuss the features if the beast; the bald-headed guy who smeared mokimo on it #whatshisnameagain?

#GES2015Kenya has been trending in Kenya and SA , bcause of the opportunies for young pple. Its nice to see an entrepreaneur from Europe being wowed in seeing mentors and investors in a ctry in Africa.

Am happy that Akira chix a girls computer training initiative was chosen as an example to be presented to Obama…

Lakini social media is focusing on the summit more than the media houses

1 Like

I gave up one the local tv stations and DSTV…I’m been streaming the plenary sessions live online…at least I’ve watched most of the topics I was interested in

ngoja usikie media wakianza kuita uhunye president Kenyarra

2 Likes

I know… thanks God for the internet amd twirra…

@ol monk nilikwambia last New Year utokee Hippo Camp ukalenga. Wewe story yako ni tricky sana kuelewa. Unakuanga msee mavakovako mob.

You guys are being too harsh in your assessment. In news, there’s something called prominence. That’s why Obama was given more attention than the GES summit. Though I feel that the summit should have been given more airplay because of its positive effects on the economy.

Right now KTN is interviewing Nonini and Cynthia Nyamai on the G.E.S. What the furk of all furks that can furked by furks is WRONG with these people?

REMEMBER WHAT THE DORMOUSE SAID, “FEED YOUR HEAD.”

4 Likes