MPLAB X IDE Problems

Vipi Wadau.
There is a project I am working on, but I get an error when compiling using this application.
WIN7 SP1 i7 8GB RAM
Anyone who can help?

Weka the error that you get

Not sure if it’s anything to do with your RAM or Windows. Could be a buggy IDE. Have you tried working with something alternative like NetBeans since the IDE is based on Netbeans?

I switched to MikroC. It works fine, but it isn’t free. Can reinstallation work?

I shall kindly do so kesho.

If the IDE was buggy you can always download a fresh copy and do a fresh install

I’ll do this once again. Thanks.

make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/PIC18F2620 Tutorial.X' make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/PIC18F2620_Tutorial.X.production.hex make[2]: Entering directory C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/PIC18F2620 Tutorial.X’
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\mplabc18\v3.47\bin\mcc18.exe” -p18F2620 -ms -oa- -I “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\mplabc18\v3.47\bin”\…\h -fo build/default/production/PIC18F2620.o PIC18F2620.c
[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]make[2]: *** [build/default/production/PIC18F2620.o] Error 3
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2
C:\Users\HP\MPLABXProjects\PIC18F2620 Tutorial.X\PIC18F2620Tutorial.h:74:Error [1027] unable to locate ‘xc.h’
make[2]: Leaving directory C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/PIC18F2620 Tutorial.X' make[1]: Leaving directory C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/PIC18F2620 Tutorial.X’

[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 1s)

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]I have even tried to compile a project without main source code i.e. int main() {//empty code} but it still fails to compile. Any help will be appreciated.

Have you selected the right compiler? Doing that might fix the issue

Initially, I had selected XC8. When the problem persisted, I switched to C18. However, the problem persisted.
As suggested earlier, let download a new copy, install, then get back to you.

from your error, that might be the issue, even after reinstalling, go to the tools and select one

I am glad to report that the program worked like a charm upon reinstallation…
Thanks all for helping. Here is the message (I used a test program abc 1):

make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory ‘C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/abc 1.X’
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/abc_1.X.production.hex
make[2]: Entering directory ‘C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/abc 1.X’
make[2]: ‘dist/default/production/abc_1.X.production.hex’ is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/abc 1.X’
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/abc 1.X’

[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 249ms)
Loading code from C:/Users/HP/MPLABXProjects/abc 1.X/dist/default/production/abc_1.X.production.hex…
Loading completed

I had looked all over the internet for help: Nimeona!!:D:D

[ATTACH=full]166593[/ATTACH]