Need advice: Should i buy a used suzuki vitara?

I need your advice on buying a used suzuki vitara 1st gen 1990-1999. Are they reliable and maintainable, because I’ve seen many of them being sold cheap on fb ‘suzuki owners’. My budget is 450k max.
[ATTACH=full]435959[/ATTACH]

…wachana na gari muzee unless you want to become a mechanic. Hapa naona you will spend more time in a garage than on the road.

Do you want to buy because its cheap or it actually meets some need in your life?

Both, I’ve seen people selling them for 180k, 200k etc. In terms of need, it would be nice for me to travel home to Nanyuki every weekend.

Nunua. We need hekayas every once in a while.

.:D:D:D:D

Wakenya huogopa kujitengenezea vitu ata laptop MTU anapelekea ‘technician’ kuongeza ram

Buy it’s a reliable car ,just ensure hio gearbox yake iko serviced properly ,that gearbox with low range gears is not cheap to replace

Buy the car. They are very many in nanyuki if you haven’t noticed. I owned one too and it was a good car. But beware, incase you may need to replace the engine in future it will be more expensive than the entire car.

Hapo kwa travel umenimalisa:D

I’ve seen lots of them with people in Nanyuki town. It’s an all around 4x4 and doesn’t consume much petrol.

why?

I do not think it is a good car for long distance travelling, off-road and short distance it will serve.

You are quite right on all three aspects. I too owned one for more than fours years and finally gave to a kid brother. Long distance would leave you completely worn out.

450k? For a vitara? Hii haifai kupitisha 200k. Kuirudisha form itakumaliza kimfuko

Achana na vitara,tafta suzuku jimny.Itaku serve hadi one day you will just abandone it kwa barabara and walk home coz imekataa kuzeeka.

Wachana nayo kama si second or project car.

Thanks, what is a good local car that will serve me well for atleast 2 years?

How much is a newly imported one currently?

1.1 Million.You can get the old model for as low as ksh350,000.I drove one in my first sales job straight from college.Hio gari ni mzuri buana.Once left Eld for Nairobi on a Saturday morning.Kufika burnt forest the road was blocked because a trailer had overturned.The locals showed me a rough road to my left which they said will take me all the way to Londiani.Had alot of fun in the off road terrain.Nikatokelezea Londiani and joined the Kericho Nakuru highway.Got to Nai by 1pm.Usifanye sharp corners at high speed coz you can easily roll otherwise its a very sturdy car.