New Airtel Ke bundle

If safaricom lowered their prices considering their massive user base the service won’t be quality due to congestion or they will need to upgrade and I guess they are not willing to take a cut.

Ai! Hapo kwa 2Mbps uko sure??

You sure about this congestion bit? How many undersea cables link Kenya to the outside world? We are even underutilising them

Nipe any site ambayo naeza download past 2Mbps

Any using AWS or Google servers

The setback comes in when somebody tries starting new Internet Service Provision!
:frowning:

What do you normally download? Been in the library downloaded Dexter season one to 4 1080p in less than 12 Mins

MoviesHD app uses google servers and haven’t seen any difference. Download is a struggle

Which site were you using?

Back in campus using net ya admin average ya IDM ilikuwa 12Mbps.
Kwangu I use Safaricom fiber to the home ya 5Mbs and my Game downloads from MS store huwa 4Mbps+
Full hd movies za Hevc ya kitu 2gb gets done in 10 mins

Device plus Internet provider yako ni?

Kama ni torrents especially zile mzee(few seeders) fungua account na a file hosting site kama filestream ama seedr, then copy the magnet link huko then ikimaliza download it from there at first speeds . The accounts are free but file size ziko limited for free accounts… Their servers are very fast can serve upto 100Mbps . Hio ndo ujanja thank me later

Xiaomi on safaricom.

For wired connection is different I’m talking about watu hatuko nairobi ie wireless connection. They’ll require more base stations to provide quality service

If using 4g the net should be fast

Will try this.

Kwani mobile providers don’t use undersea cables for their Internet? Ama form ni gani juu nakumbuka around 2012 feb or march some cable cuts occurred juu ya meli and safcom internet was really affected

Na kuunga mkono

I believe traffic congestion usually reduces download speeds. Also some servers restrict to certain download speeds.

Alafu this phone company have misplaced priority instead of looking for 5g they should look for alternative battery with advancing technology comes with even greater power expenditure though I have heard the idea of uranium batteries for a while but nothing seems to materialize.