NHIF users rejoice!

http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/civilServants

Nani, si kwa ubaya lakini the mere fact that you suspect that pipe is misplaced hence your query points to a long life ahead as a peasant. Mwenye aliweka alikuwa mjinga? Kuna hospitals zingine naona ukipelekwa you might die of your stupidity.

Boss kihere ere peleka mbali na mimi nugu…nani amesema iko mis-placed??..Soma swali langu vizuri na kwa makini. Najua mwenye aliweka sio mjinga…

Nimeuliza Inasaidia na nini kama si chakula, dawa ama oxygen…?? i know most hutumika for that, other than hiyo what else…???

Kama hujui Sharap…Mimi nko eager kujua ndo nkiwekwa nisikatae. Coz i will if i dont see the need…

Kuna hospitals zingine naona ukipelekwa you might die of your stupidity.

Hapa naona unataka kuleta story ya U-peasant wangu lakini mimi nko sawa na yenye i visit my guy…Mahali unabishana na daktari nka unajua na hujui ndo cost ishuke chini kiasi…

Proof?

No they’re not.

The elephant in the room! Expect caps on amount spent/ reimbursed per visit/ procedure. Capitation manenos.

When you know that a pair of spects can go for as high as 25k (or more), you suddenly realize that 100k ni pesa kidogo.

The changes, I’m reliably informed, apply to JGs A to K.

There’s hardly any gov’t facility that charges >200/= consultation fees.

This is one thing I applaud chupilee.

Thanks, it doesn’t apply to me.

[ATTACH=full]136252[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]136253[/ATTACH]

Feelings na ukumbafu peleka ------> huko. Tangu uzaliwe ushawahi ona chakula na dawa ikipitia kwa mapua ndio uulize? Ghai!! Halafu tena through a tube?
[ATTACH=full]136251[/ATTACH]

My fren…they are done with capitation… now they call it fixed fee for services

No proof… I’m relying on what they reported and so far Magoti ndo ilikuwa affected… Ebu ambia hii Burukenge @magreb some situations will lead to someone being fed anything, solid or liquid,through them pipes…

Yes I’ve seen… Especially those guys who suffer from throat cancer…Hakuna kitu inaeza pitia hapo…

Na feelings ni wewe saitan…

But if I want to visit a better hosi and not government dispensaries; that means I’ll have to dig in my pocket to top up the 1,500 for consultation of course and subsequent charges…

All this three years i have worked never understood where this thing can help apart from ‘the bed’ that we are always told.
Dakitari @Luther12 how much does it cover up to for inpatients? Say am in Job grp L and am admitted for a number of days say like a month or so, what’s the maxmum that they can pay? Is that Ex_gratia thing is existent?

So the food, whether solid or liquid, goes through the nose? Okey, learning is a continuous process I see.

You assume I’m an NHIF insider, which I’m not. Specific queries are best dealt with by NHIF themselves. Most, if not all, hospitals always have an NHIF contact person.

Where I am, if you’re a civil servant, NHIF is currently paying for all your inpatient and outpatient services and procedures if available in public facilities. If not available then there’s authorization required to obtain them elsewhere.

Have a look at this:

http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/uploads/manuals/CIVIL_SERVANTS_HANDBOOK.pdf

And yes, ex gratia exists. I know of some beneficiaries.

C&P

Memo to staff on NHIF outpatient services

With effect 1st November 2017 NHIf Outpatient scheme has changed from capitation to Fee for service.

This will affect service provision in the following way

A. National scheme is only entitled to four visits per financial year PER CARD at a cost of 1,500 per visit

B. Enhanced scheme is entitled to outpatient costs at 1,500 without a cap on the number of visits

C. The services offered under the outpatient care cater for Primary Health Services and does not include Consultants consultation fee or ultrasound services

D. Where a consultant has prescribed medication for a patient, the drugs will be limited to a cap of 1,500 costs.If any laboratory tests are performed the costs will be reduced from the amount that has been capped at 1,500

E. Where a member/family has exhausted the maximum 4 visits offered, they will be expected to pay cash until the next financial year

F. Those members who have separate NHIF cards for spouses are entitled to 8 visits per financial year(note the principle of 4 visits per card capped at 1,500)

G. Members can now seek treatment at any health facility and do not necessarily have to preselect hospitals as was the practise before.

kumbe hii scheme ni upus tu. consultation at major hospitals start at 2k