No matatus in CBD from next week.

Diesel fumes of idling PSVs in the CBD reduced by 75% mara moja. Now let us work towards electric trams to feed the periphery and those termini. We can do it if we did SGR against a chorus of cynics.

4 Likes

Makena njoo hapa mwari useme kama umeridhika.

Ngara.

1 Like

I think major cause ni these private vehicles. At least wanafaa kupandisha parking fee to kendo 1000/- a day pia.

4 Likes

Naona ni gatheti notice ya May.

Guys kuna circular , which indicates that it will serve all the terminus.So no need for comfortable shoes for those who hate walking.

Am not aware of that.

It’s a good start though the transition would have been smoother if the trams were already in place.

3 Likes

Hope hoho is watching, bus station ya msa ijengwe pale kibarani bus zote zitoke cbd

2 Likes

Am not sure this will end traffic in the cbd… without proper enforcement of the law.wakenya ni wale wale.

7 Likes

ES,wacha jokes,kibarani kule kumebaki nafasi ya kujenga bus terminus ni kwa dumpsite,hehe

1 Like

They can reclaim land from the sea kaa vile wamefanya huko Port

2 Likes

i said it.hapo sawa

Nduthi should be next

3 Likes

Yaani i will be walking from ngara to railways and back everyday
hapa ndio kupata mazgwembe… wimbo utakuwa huu nikitembea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBUwAzLsji4

3 Likes

Last time @spear spoke about trams, he said feasibility study was being done and the former county government of Nairobi was uncooperative. Maybe before the end of the five years we shall witness ground breaking

2 Likes

but its a very demanding undertaking. Roads have to be widened since they run in the middle of the roads to allow for cars to also use the same. Or they may opt for the elevated option like the elevated Chicago metro. All these are still expensive but way over due

2 Likes

Just observe in the morning kwa traffic jam. 90% of private cars iko tu na driver. Ndio maana tunaishi kwa jam

13 Likes

Hawkers pia waende. tumeshoka kung’ang’ania pedestrian walkways

2 Likes

Hii sioni ikisolve traffic problems in the CBD though it is a good start.

2 Likes