Pricing in Kenya

So just this week I went out looking for some products, I went to two shops in the same vicinity that is CBD and found the same product BUT prices had huge margin. One shop it was 1800 and the other 1250. On checking the packaging I saw that the more expensive one had an expiry date of 2027 while the cheaper ones had an expiry date of 24 months after opening. I wondered why the difference if it’s the same manufacturer?

I tried comparing other items and found that the cheaper shop was more expensive than the other one on some items. I bought an item for 1900 from the more expensive shop and then checked online and found majority of the shops were 1950 but one online shop was selling them at 900, so is it that they are counterfeit or why such a huge difference in the prices?

1 Like

How do you have different expiration dates on the same products ( from same manufacturers)?

Vs

KY jelly expired Bado ita saidia kuingia mkia smooth.

@TrumanCapote amekauka kama Sahara

1 Like

On your first product, what’s the gram size? Is it 7g?

I’m showing you the difference as an example . One had the exact expiry date while the other showed the symbol of 24 months after opening. I didn’t buy the cheaper one so I was using an example for you to understand. Lemme show you the variation in pricing for the product.

Is the grammage on the two products the same, that is 7g ?