Prof Abel Mugenda suicide:Marrying overly successful damsel

Tricky sana

Some people fail to advance in education because of lack of fees…

The day u marry is when you stop using your head. I see men every day whose intrinsic self-value is normally pegged on what their fat ageing wives think of them.

She was a very corrupt VC who led to deterioration of education standards in KU.

Ukioa inafaa uwe na other interests to expand your perspective. Si poa kudepend on wife for everything.

I concur with you Mchunisha. And to make it worse, the man’s family starts siding with the wife on every issue even when the wife is apparently wrong. This is a real headache brother.

Why didn’t he marry another wife kitambo? Bibi akianza madharau and you have the means, marry secretly at first. Introduce her over time. Personally I’m strategizing how to get some goog money by 40. I suspect that wife anaeza postiwa mbali na home. If she won’t leave the employment I will remarry.

Definitely she had a hand in it, or where does depression comes from, a vacuum?

I think the opposite happened. During her tenure KU rose in rank to become #2 in Kenya behind UON.

Men at that age become isolated. You become irrelevant in your own household. The women gang up with the children and woe unto you if you have no ‘support system’ - a young baganda damsel. Once through with raising and educating your progeny, one should be ready to proceed with life alone when this phase of madharau begins.
My late uncle got a young wife in old age and the guy died happy. Even his children by the first wife today admit the young lady really took care of their father.
I really sympathise with the prof. For three days he was all alone in the hotel, being tormented by his demons, could not call his ‘successful’ wife or one of his four children for moral support. I think we men need to have a talk.

ok basi form four…nasipandi zaidi…ata mseme nini

women are naturally hypergamic, tafuta mtu unamzidi in everything and all will be well.

I don’t wanna imply this is what happened to the late Prof. But somethings you men bring on yourselves. You’re the same ones who in your youth, prefer not to come home early to be with the wife and kids. Ati ni umama? Kazi ni kuwatch league mkimumunya gilbeys. After a while, your family gets used to you not being there and move on with life.

The professor must have been through very very unbearable humiliation from her ‘wife’, but I think things were the other way round in this 'marriage ', him being the wife and the form vc the husband.But why commit suicide, a whole professor, he had so many options on the table for him, but choose the very worst of all but for him it was the ‘best’

very true.juu in my first job,we had a very tough lady boss.but mzee wake akimkujia na moti ulikuwa unaona kanakunja mkia ata kama alikuwa anaongea ananyamaza kwanza.

There was a thread discussing her hapa, the way she even hired unqualified faculty heads.

Na ukislack akupite anza tu kufunga virago. There’s a guy whose wife started a business ikaboom mbaya, she even built a house and bought a few cars na saa hiyo jamaa bado ako the same level they started. Now the guy lives in a house that his wife built and he looks miserable and docile. Bibi akikupita sana wewe ondokea tu.

wisdom yenye huwa hii kijiji ni ya hali ya juu sana

When you see that old goat from eldoret acting rough on his Harlem and adult children, he knows what he is doing. He is running away from that kind of short illness.

Unataka bibi aache kazi ni wewe utakuwa unamlisha and provide for her every need and some wants?