Proud Graduants

Never attended any.

Mine was supposed to be solo
But was hijacked by relas including 3 girls and a bunch of collections !
Pre unit graduation is worse.

4 Likes

Hehehe.
I attended mine alone.
I had to stop people and give them a borrowed camera to take my photo.
Then a stop over at SnoCream for ice cream, halafu matatu hadi home.

9 Likes

Yangu sikuenda pale kaitheri polytechnic…kirinyaga. on that day, the village chief needed a plumber. Na ivo ndio nlipitwa

2 Likes

1st one I was accompanied by my ex the cheat and my Sis/ kiddos. Parents wanted to come over but when I told Dad to send me the money instead, I did not hear a squeak from them. We then had dinner and drinks. 2nd one I did not turn up. Certificate sent by post.

The only people I see throwing huge parties on such occassions spending thousands are Naijas. It does not stop there. Huge birthday parties for 50 year olds???.

I forgot to add that my older siblings who graduated in Kenya did not escape the hired matatus with plants on them all the way to Egerton and KU yawa, goats being slaughtered and pikchas galore wearing their gowns with all and sundry.

3 Likes

:DI can relate. I just didnt want all that attention

1 Like

Huyo yuko obsessed na politics. :D:D:D:D

1 Like

Omwami, acha kutupima wazimu. I think you are lying.

Lakini nyinyi mnasema you did not invite everyone ni wachoyo sana. Its not about you. Kama wanaweza changa wakuje wacha wakuje! Mimi my only regret is sikuita kijiji mzima ikuom!

o_Oukiambia ninjas zinabebanaa hadi na ancestors unatoka ceremony unaingia mtaa like WTF is this?? na wewe ndo unafoot bill, nunua mbuzi na muratina and all that chieth

Kwani wewe umetoka wapi…si wao ndio wanakupatia pesa…hio siku unashika 20k cash cash babaa

clearly you are unemployed

This is the part where I make you believe me. Now BELIEVE in Jesus’ name.

Paid for everything but dint attend… Chukua gown na kurudisha… Nothing memorable…

I hate publicity and mine was so boring bcoz my parents and relas hijacked it and made it a village affair.

You’ve taken me down memory lane. For my bachelors degree, several aunties, uncles, cousins, friends attended from all over the various states. I prefer going lowkey but they would hear none of it. Walikuja na fujo sana. After the ceremony was over hapo nje it was zile ngemi ariririri and then we broke out in dance “mwana wa mberi bayaye” I don’t think there was anyone there with a bigger crowd hehe. Of course I was aware of the stereotype that blacks can be overly emotional but we didn’t care. You could see the white students with just mum, dad and maybe one sibling in attendance. No frills nothing. My people created a huuge scene on that campus! Then we went to my house and partied for 2 days straight. That was about 10 years ago, great memories.

5 Likes

Sis masomo ile ingine inaendelea aje? I hope you are on top of it. The Whites are rarely more than 5 in attendance.

Mimi nliambia wazazi hakuna haja ya kupanga safari, went to the graduation and was high as a kite during the entire time. In my view graduations are more of a get together with former classmates than a ceremony.

1 Like

I didn’t even know the date of the ceremony and didn’t care. I only went for the cert and transcripts for a job interview. Why do people make a big deal out of it yet they were never serious in class, always copied CATs and exams whenever they had a chance. Kwanza mi 1st and 2nd yr I think I attended less than 40% of the lectures. Uni is a waste of time, apprenticeship is better.

ulifanyaje KCSE without the primary cert?

3 Likes