Rugby rape case New twist!

Is this what we’ve become?

A shameless society that punishes one gender in spite of them all making the choice to drink.

They drank and fornicated, this is a normal Thursday affair.

You’re not very familiar with the law are you?

The law stipulates rape as fornication against consent, under no circumstances does it specify that fucking a drunk man is perfectly legal.

This sort of lopsided reasoning isn’t amusing nor should it be tolerated.

Don’t feel mercy for these dudes. They knew what they were doing.

Really na je ile @pamba huandikia Mtu loitering at night with an intention to commit an offence. Can you be prosecuted?

You cannot introduce new evidence in an appeal, suppose they didn’t ask for the baby is during the entire trial, then they lost an opportunity to prove their innocence.

The point is, they did not complain or report to have been raped even for the duration of the entire trial they have not done so.

And? If someone whose rights have been violated opts to stay silent does that make their rights irrelevant?

I concur with you. The High Court should relook this case and overturn the lower courts decision. If the facts are as per the newspaper reports and social media reports, I think the court was not fair. In this day and age fear of slut shaming should not be an excuse of delaying to report rape or sexual assault. The musician should have given a plausible explanation for the delay in reporting the rape allegations.

Who got drunk first? Men do not get drunk?

On the flipside, committing an offence during lucid moments is a defence.If that is the law (riding an inebirated woman) it is unconstitutional.

Yours is an academic argument. The DCI can only act on a reported complaint, the DPP can only prosecute a case where a complainant and evidence exists. No complainant, no evidence, no violator. Even a baby cries when exposed to discomfort.

True, we alienate one gender unlawfully

Good point, but there exists the independent court aside from the DCI and DPP.

I’m not excusing the men but I wish the woman to face the same law equally.

No favor, the law to be exercised fully

Is it really. So anytime I commit a crime , I will claim I was drunk. All suspects will claim the same. Lets see who will be convicted.

Convicted or not, a crime is a crime.

No party ought to be excused on any account

I do not know the facts of this case. But courts of law look at the state of mind of the accused person at the time of committing an offence. Were they all drunk at the time of the alleged rape? Could they apprecaitwle the consequences of their actions? Why should the complainants’ word be believed over the accused’s word if they were all drunk?

Wonderful argument

There are many laws that are colonial relics and are counter to the constitution. In fact our police misuse the word loitering to mean “kutangatanga” when in fact it means the opposite.

Usual digimeffi content

There are situations you should never find yourself in… These days with all the cases flying around, did you see the footballer who had video evidence on a girl who tried to frame him…
Be smart, wacha ignorance ya biased…
I believe their story by the way, but the judge didn’t…