TBT mid January edition

Kutoa tint haikuanza na vera.

Nostalgia.

Sande sana ES.

Ninesa wakwitu. My Thursday is now complete

Ngaragu ya mianga,was around 1980s hapo

You are very wrong, twas in the 40s
In the 80s tulikula ‘gathirikali’ unga ya yellow.
Uliza @gashwin akwambie vile ilikua na uji tamu

Hutu slay queen tulikua na bash gani hii?
13th Jan of the indicated year

Village elder, jifunze kuweka mbisha visuri… Brarry chinkororo…

Famine ya '84 was called “Ndakua ngwatĩte” meaning you are dying still holding money in your hands. This was due to people having the money but no food to buy.

@Kasighau @native son nimwaigwa uhoro ucio

Hehehe. I remember that one. I was a pupil at Maralal DEB. Second term, the kitchen was opened for only two weeks. Meaning, we boarding students , had to scavange for food in garbage bins and behind hotels for eleven weeks. That was my second time to be a chokoraa, aged 11. But I managed just fine, thank-you. When we went home, we met ugali ya yellow, eaten kavu coz the only green thing were Leeds in what used to be water pans. Same year across in Ethiopia, carrion eater kept vigil on dying children to dismember their emaciated bodies. A pathetic time in deed.

niuri waria mukurugucu wa muyuyu?

Twariire nginyagia marutu ma nduma.

Hehehe. Icio ciarì staple food gwitü. Muyuyu, Na mathoroko, terere, mabaki, togotia , managu, manoe. Mukimo wa kahurura kana malenge ukiria Na ndubia hehu , maithori ma gikeno no kwìiita

That’s when top musicians came together, USA for Africa and gave us the hit song we are the world in an effort to raise money for Ethiopia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0RpNSELas

wandirikania ngima ya manoe ndameria mata:D:D:D:D:D:D… literally

That concert was epic. I don’t think any of the millennial here would survive such a time. Third term, the government brought a lorry load of maziwa ya nyayo. We used to be given two packets each per day. We would go sell them to town and buy posho. Then cook ugali and eat it with salad oil drained from discarded oil cans from town dump site. One day, as usual, we entered a hotel, and ate mandazis with chai. The trick was to jump out of Windows and doors, all in different directions, as usual. But on that day, me and two comrades were nabbed. That was my first day of mob justice. I have faced mob thrice ever since. But am here writing about it, proof that God had good intentions for this grandson of the Patriarch

Pole sana boss, hope utaangusha hekaya ya hizo mob justice.
It’s true Ngaragu ikaja tena hawa xaxa generation wataenda wengi sana

For one they would not know how to forage or even what is forageable for food…

Aya mangïrïa nginya magurukia Na miceege/ jegeni. Bure kabisa