The bubble is about to burst

Si ubadilishe hizo pigsty into lodgings ?
Utakuwa unakula Vitu na bado unaingisha pesa.

Its disposable income which is shrinking. Hakuna hio pesa mingi hivyo. In Kenya tulisema you are on your own. From Housing, medical care, education, transportation, you are on your own. Mess one bit you go down very easily. People need to plan very well.
No money to put up a shop in Riviera mall ya kuuza perfumes being charged premium rent by a developer who stole billions to build the mall yet me i took a loan to start my business.

When govt offices relocate from town…to other areas… kuna kua na vacancy ya offices…

Woii let no one hear you saying that! Kenya kuna pesa mingi sana. Speak for yourself bro, kama huna pesa sema ni wewe huna; stop saying other people have no money!

Kenya hii tuko mbele kama nini…:D:D

Usha sema omera

Ya uwizi sawa. Ata hapa Kenyatalk how many people can stay in their rented home without shifting if rent is increased by 15k from November with some inhouse repairs to justify the increase??? Hio pesa ndio hakuna

I agree with you 100%. Kenya is still a very poor country that has a loooong way to go before we can talk of having a solid middle class. A few external shocks can bring the whole facade of a “thriving economy” crumbling down like a deck of cards.
What’s more jarring and concerning imo is the rich-poor divide.

Zii,ni ya gethi brookside manager.

Very poor, btw come to Middle Class. What is the generally accepted middle class definition by consumption ?

Yes. But you would never know that if you read the comments on here. Most people in Kenya earn less than Kshs 25,000 a month and I bet the same average applies right here in this forum

Sisi ni birrionaires

Issues tu nikutransfer money in my mind to my bank account.

25k nii haku na nyukwa… jk. :D:D

Niliambiwa hapa na talker mwingine (who btw got many likes for his comment) that most businessmen in Kenya make 500k per month. Imagine mtu kadanganyana live live na wengine waka like hiyo comment. Smh!

Kenyans are by and large a delusional bunch, whereby kila mtu ni Mjuaji bin professa arap PhD. Despite all evidence pointing to harsh economic realities, people get angry and defensive when reminded of the same. Numbers don’t lie as you can see, businesses located in prime areas are struggling to remain afloat.

Based on this data, you would expect to see construction slowing down, instead you find no behavioral modification. What gives? People are still putting up malls and high rise apartments despite others lacking tenants.

Due to dishonesty in financial reporting, it’s hard to tease out what’s factual from the noise. We have reached a point you can’t tell whether any business venture has potential; everyone has to learn for themselves.

Middle class by consumption criteria, are those in the middle fifth of spending.

Surely!!siwezi soma hiyo upuss yote.kuja.nikushow kitu inbox.

The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics has adopted a different definition of the middle class, as anyone spending between KSh23,670 and KSh199,999 per month. So with simple maths on earnings an expenditure, anyone earning between Ksh30,000 and Ksh300,000 qualifies as middle class under this definition.

Nimeland. Sema?

Poa sana,kuja tukule porko

You guy, nilihama Trumpistan. Maybe tupatane next year…thanks lakini.

Hakuna kitu kama bubble. It is called correction due to market forces. Oversupply of real estate na watu wa corruption saa hii maisha imekuwa ngumu. Rents will now go down and prices of houses will also go down. Kwa wale investors, now would be a good time to get in.

Uko kenia?