The folly of investing in Rental Units

I always invest for cash flow period, hii mambo ya capital appreciation apana tambua

7 Likes

why did you give a wide berth those tuplots in vietnam?
i remember they were going for 40k before thika highway now none is less than 200k

@aviator you are thinking like a mathematics primary school teacher, you should be aspiring to reason like an economics professor instead

Matusi haisaidii.

1. Property value grows from 10m to 60m.
  2. Timing depends on interest rates as I indicated in the original post.
  3. Cash flow

I find buying land a very passive investment. Speculative even. Not my cup of tea unless you plan to develop, add value, control the outcome.

9 Likes

Mimi nataka Shamba ya kulima at least two acres preferably dairy. Either nilime Niki retire or inipe ideas in between. Your thoughts on my idea ye street smart keyboard millionaires?

3 Likes

Pole Budah it is/was not my intention to insult you, I guess my choice of words was wrong, what I am trying to say is that you can make a lot more many from a 50 by 100 plot than what you have quoted

2 Likes

This lazy bullshit has to end!!! Instead of doing actual production we are throwing all our monies at speculation (mostly land which is limited) and trade (in things others produce, read imports), our balance of payment will always be lopsided against us, our economy will remain dependent on other economies such that what happens there directly affects us, this cycle has to be disrupted.

Those plots and buildings are only a means to an end, construction is huge business but it requires us to produce relevant products

15 Likes

i find it stress free despite it being speculative and bursting in the end

My thoughts exactly, our production capacity is vast but this land frenzy takes all the attention, for instance we are importing sugar when we can manufacture our own cheaply hapa Tana river, we always somehow have a maize deficit, milk and dairy products pia. We import eggs from UG now and animal feeds raw materials from TZ, we bring in apples and oranges from SA and Egypt, our apparel industry imports cotton when we can produce our own, mchele tunakula huku most of it (the ones that cost less than a hundred) comes from akina Pakistan and the likes…and the list goes on. Its fuckin pathetic.

9 Likes

you are forgetting the risks involved whereas the land is a sure thing

@Okiya kwani unaenda north korea mahali hakuna inter-net?

haiya bought mine in murera apo reurero :smiley: may be ur friend ndio aliniuzia… shida ya uku ni kukinyesha na stima kupotea na wizi ya kusanya power transformers but pole pole kuna grow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wapi huko bedsitter inalipishwa 10k?

1 Like

Haiya, are you my neighbor? Not riuriro anymore, but kwa Yuda. :D:D
Hiyo wizi ya transformer oil imezidi.

ninatafuta plot mahali around nairobi max 400k

It’s crazy, this land speculation. Why should someone make 300% profit in 5 years for doing absolutely nothing? I refuse to participate in this form of robbery.

4 Likes

Niko na moja 50 X 100 nauza Utawala 4m, multiply your cash by 10 uje tuongee.

1 Like

Kweli bedsitter ni mangapi?

1 Like

hehehe…
which form of robbery do you support

4 Likes