The folly of investing in Rental Units

define around nairobi…

Hehee … none my broda.

i support all forms of legal robberies

We are not producing globally competitive products and cost of production in Kenya coupled with many taxes is what is killing manufacturing

2 Likes

Demand and supply forces

any where along thika superhighway and sorroundings. na kangundo road pia.
machakos nikipata pia ni poa.
mahali singependa ni kitengela or any place that originally belonged to maasai

:smiley: naona sisi ni majirani…may be ata huwa tunapatana pale Turako :smiley: lakini tommy uko nje unaweza dhani ni member of parliament lakini watu wagejuwa ngwati ndio zimebuy iyo land :smiley:

6 Likes

Wahindi wanamint millions, others billions from taking risks, this profit we get from appreciation of land prices is a fluke because

1. Most of our monies flow outwards in form of imports
  2. Land prices somewhat fuel inflation because developers have to charge more to recoup their capital outlay, therefore higher rent which means less disposible income and reduced purchasing power.

We need to change.

11 Likes

No, we produce many extremely competitive products. The problem is our government doesn’t know how to secure global markets for its citizens. That’s the job of a president. For ex. India’s Modi (PM) will be coming to Kenya soon. He wants Kenya to allow Indian producers to sell their stuff in our supermarkets and malls. Right now I have lots of apple mangoes in my farm, which I wish I could sell for $4 a piece in the US or Europe. What Kenya needs is more special interest lobbying groups that represent their agenda in Parliament.

3 Likes

turaco ikifunguliwa 2010/2011 niliwekewa mchele hapo. sijawahi rudi

na juja farm au landless?
juja farm ukiwa na 400k ni tuplot tuwili

kama uko twendi fo saa hii 2010 haukuwa umefika the legal drinking age

2 Likes

if you are a not so shrewd you will never go against the tide.
you invest in a safe place

Base yangu ni sides za Ndigithu hehee. Lakini siku hizi nimepanda bei naendaga rainbow. Umesikia lami iko karibu kuwekwa na world Bank? Kutoka kimbo hadi “kwa matangi…”

1 Like

kwani embu legal drinking age ni 40?
91-09feb si eighteen?

Two points here, first, if you dedicated all your rent money towards repayment, it would take you more than 20 years to clear the debt.
Secondly, how easy is it for an ordinary Kenyan to secure a 30 million loan and how easy is it to have 10 million in cash. Your idea is brilliant but not very pragmatic.

6 Likes

good idea. nitaangalia huko

Inadepend

1. Refer to point on interest rates. Guys are accessing loans as low as 6% p.a. The model, figures are tweaked to get the desired period.
  2. The discussion was based on a premise of Kes. 10m in cash. With the right factors in play, leveraging this for financing debt is not difficult.
1 Like

Wewe mujamaa nakumulika Sana juu ya hizi points zako. Lets cut to the chase…give me examples of something that fits your bracket that can lead to wealth direction. Observation zako ziko on point.

1 Like