The Kenyan middleclass crisis

I keep on telling my friends,a car should never be a priority before investing. Talkers never ever take a car loan. never. same as a mortgage…

I give up

1 Like

Stop being clever by avoiding answering a simple question. What’s wrong in someone having a harrier in a 22k rented apartment? You don’t have all the facts about this harrier guy. You don’t know about his savings, his investments, his benefits nor his plans yet you go ahead and judge him. So according to you, what car befits a 22k rented apartment? Your reasoning is too naive

2 Likes

Probox.

Learn to delay gratification, avoid extravagance-financial discipline, invest for the future(set your priorities right). Most importantly, live your life, not your peers’. Set your reasonable standards, don’t live aiming at reaching someone else’s standards.

2 Likes

A harrier costs enough money to build a modest 2 bedroom house

2 Likes

LIE

He might be having that two bedroomed house somewhere you know.

He is a guy I have known for more than 8 years, and done a deal or two with, but I guess that is not important here. For your info, a two bedroom house in Kiembeni or Fahari Estate in Mombasa goes or 3.5M nothing more. The money on the harrier WAS enough then to buy a two bedroom house. But again…why am I telling you all this?

wanaitwa octogenarians, leokim was their headmaster

Hehehe. That geezer, Leonora was just in a class of his own.

Sometime back was having a convo with my dad n he was like nyinyi vijana wa siku hizi mnamaliza shule na your first priority ni gari. Hata wewe najua utamaliza na hiyo ndio itakuwa kwa akili. I told him no na sijawahi kuws ba intrest na gari… He was kinda of shocked. Sijui if that was yo test me or not.

1 Like

And that’s how I earn my living through dishing out loans to my trusted friends at a high rate since 2011. Oh nipe loan engine imekunywa maji, oh nimekwana road trip, traffic fines, dame amekata kupanua,., need to buy a certain dress for an occasion.I LOVE MY GENERATION… $$$

3 Likes

Hahaha cool biz idea

But what do you do when they default? Ama you are like those ruthless shylocks that operate in the ghetto?

So far none has defaulted. I pray they won’t cauz hata sijadevise any backup plans. Have reached a level where I can put up with the risk (through savings and setting limits) These are friends ‘nimewasoma’ since colle first year. They also guarantee for their colleagues whom I don’t know. Try it out.

That’s life live it…except for the drinking cheating and divorce part…if you keep postponing buying a car, marrying, getting a mortage…then you will never do them…the life expectancy is 45 years for men these days…you wil never live long enough to enjoy those savings and investments u have struggled so hard na ukijinyima kila kitu ndio you save for the rainy day…most young people today are entrepreneurs not into mainstream employment look at the maina kagenis, jalango’s , the Dj’s , homeboys entertainment…these are guys who started their own thing sio ati kungoja kupata kazi ya 8 to 5

1 Like

Slight correction, Maina Kageni na Jalang’o ni employees.

1 Like

Jalang’o has a side hustle that brings him a significant sum of money.

Grace put it as if they had started as entrepreneurs.

1 Like