The Kenyan middleclass crisis

There is this mistaken belief that to be considered successful, lazima ukue na pesa na mali. I think this belief is flawed on so many levels. Pesa na mali ni mzuri but i doubt if i’ll pass up an opportunity to live for today with a vague view of living it tomorrow.

3 Likes

I heard that the Maina guy pays for that 5am to 10am segment on classic fm…so he pays them for it while the adverts and everything else ni zake…the same way Dr Mutua did with his silly prog…Churchill also has the same arrangement with NTV…why else would you think he’s in the studio everyday of the week from 5 am without fail…plus he has countless other side hustles…Jalango is a actor, play and film director and writer , has his own media, advertisement and events management company…

1. You are aware that they started off as employees
    2.’ most young people today are entrepreneurs not into mainstream employment look at the maina kagenis, jalango’s , the Dj’s , homeboys entertainment.’ - Maneno yako.

Who said that one must buy a house first before buying a car? Like I said before, you don’t know this guy’s plans so as to conclude that he made an error of judgement by buying his harrier.

You may deny yourself life’s little luxuries, you save and invest and then bam! You’re no more and everything is left to a wife, parents, siblings who squander everything without a worry in the world oblivious of the sacrifices you made. Ponda Mali kufa kwaja.

5 Likes

Very true, consider someone whose job involves a lot of travelling. I think it would be foolhardy for such a fellow to put off buying a car (which will make his work easier) ati ndio anunue nyumba kwanza. You need to look at the car as an enabler to his work. In other news, not everyone wants to invest in real estate. So usione mtu hana kaplot in some outpost udhanie yeye ni mjinga. Kuna watu whose brains and qualifications will ensure they are comfortable in life for years to come. I know of some people with intellectual property rights worth millions na bado wanalipa rent. Wale wanaona plots ndio mambo yote mshawai sikia kitu inaitwa units trusts na shares?

3 Likes

what about those guys getting mortgages at 3%

3% in Kenya?

guys in county govts and and some civil servants (high job groups) are getting car loans and mortgages at 3%

1 Like

I REALLY DO GIVE UP.

What about a 3-5% car loan… with say 48 months repayment period?

This may go up to 7% soon.

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Civil-servants-face-raise-in-mortgage-rate-to-7-per-cent/-/539546/2691944/-/dgvl3bz/-/index.html

No worries. After all, you are Mr. Know it all

was about to ask the same