Troubled police millitary minds after work

Kdf didn’t take care of PTSD until recently

I thought NYS is just marching.

but after seeing your colleague killed at war it will change you. ni ukweli kama umezoea kuuwa watu frontline kama kuku, nini itakutisha ukiwa na raia? ni kama wewe kuchinja kuku haunanga shida. its upto the govt to have better psychiatrists in the army

Some soldiers you can save with psychiatric intervention, most of them you can’t. There’s a point once crossed they can never come back, especially after they develop a taste for killing. Using your chicken analogy, what do you think of a group of chicken that want you to get psychiatric help for slaughtering them? Also the govt can’t do anything about it, the best bet is that they die on the battlefield na wasirudi. Wale wamerudi wameterrorize watu ushago or ni walevi ama washerati kupindukia, I’m sure you know a couple of stories.

Reminds me of that Lelei policeman that is in the news

Some of them become extremely paranoid, while others behave like an animal was awoken in them. But those who have experienced crossfire will tell you its not as exciting as it looks in the movies, your balls literally come to the mouth. That experience alone, and seeing guys being felled and others being POW’d by the enemy and you have to fight your way out is one of the hardest things to live with.

That said, you should read this book.
[ATTACH=full]347508[/ATTACH]

Once you get the thrill danger is an afterthought-dude the adrenaline.thats the time you show your best and become good. We had huyo daktari wa akili in the camp i didn’t see anyone visit him he used to keep himself busy with alcohol

There is no thrill in shell shock.

Military guys are fucked up, during the first days into the alshaitan war deep in zoomaliland, we were drinking with this Kdf guy when he happened to pick a call and head to the gents. Nilipopitia I overheard him cursing that his name was on the list of those who were going into enemy territory, ostensibly he had missed a very lucrative posting. Some few months later I was in Narok and it happened that a village in Enraggia Enkare had lost 4 young soldiers in the battle. Apparently one of the hot shots in the army ensures the village is well represented during recruitment.
Those deaths affected the village youngsters so much that they are not overly enthusiastic about recruitment in the army. As for my buddy ni kama anatupanga 5 kgs in every year

Who feels it knows it

For fuck’s sake don’t litter down the quality of village posts by bringing here your jaba-esque theories.

Jaba? clueless kitambi f**k.Yea people go through f_ked up stuff that -is it jimit or dimwit like u wont comprehend.Deal with it

Had a friend that did tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He attributes them to costing him his marriage once he started getting help for PTSD.

The straw that broke the camel’s back was when they had their young daughter’s birthday. They had invited other kids etc. The setting for kids bday parties with balloons etc. A couple of kids whilst playing popped some and he snapped. He lost it. He stated that it drifted him back dead smack in the battlefield.

After that event, his wife served him divorce papers and he started seeking help for the sake of their daughter.

War is no joke. It’s not what you see in the movies.

I think am unique. I can compartmentalize. I do the job and enjoy life. Am that strong mentally.

A friend’s brother from Kaguta land went for an operation in Northern Uganda, they were hunting Kony, when he came back to Kampala he was all wrong, almost crazy. He could hardly go out and he’d get panicked if he saw an acholi (Konys tribe). I decided to bring him along to Nairobi for at least a break and therapy. He quit therapy after two visits. One day after having one too many he opened up. After several months in the North they encountered kids feeding on their dead relatives. Long time still in the operation they rescued a group of soldiers who had been stuck in the same spot for days on end(behind enemy lines) those who had been injured started dying, their rations got finished and they also started eating their fellow soldiers to stay alive. Later on he was in the same situation in Eastern Congo, they were almost eating a fellow soldier when they were rescued! Although their families were told that they had been rescued, they were not allowed to see them as the military went on to fatten them for at least a month.

Guy is now okay and sells cars in Kampala and once in a while he comes to pick them from mombasa and we catch up.

To date I am the only one he has ever told these stories and many more. He says if he hadn’t shared them with me he’d never have recovered! From the time he was rescued from Congo to the time he told me the stories, everything is a blur to him, he remembers getting home, doesn’t remember the trip to Nairobi but his head cleared after sharing.

You said it right there… As one of them, I

Naweza ua alshabab 10 Million without getting PTSD… Hitler, himmler and Goering did the same.

Sometimes that’s all that is required. The tougher task is to find a true confidante.

Won’t go into much details, but mzae was stationed in molo during the 1990s clashes and later in marsabit during era ya mashifta. He never once exhibited PTSD symptoms. Man was very sharp between the ears , sociable and very likable. So it’s different for each person.

Thats some crazy shit, longpole