TV Options

Will do and compare with Black Friday deals

I will give a comprehensive answer later on. But I wanted to urge you to take advantage of black friday sales and snap an OLED. Considering that you don’t plan to buy a TV any time soon. Get an OLED at the price of an LED this black friday and get wariaaahs to ship it to you. The black friday sales are just beginning.

I thought I had the last receipt to the last item I bought from that shop but I couldn’t trace it. I haven’t been to Luthuli for quite some time now and I am not sure when I will be back. But nikipata time I will update here. I haven’t even bought the TV, but since this is a secondary TV I am not in a hurry.

Won’t this be a risky affair? Damages could happen due to mishandling while on transit… Plus how will he use the warranty in case of future issues!?

My advise is he goes Local… On Amazon the 55’ LG C1 goes for 1,272 USD (Kshs. 141,300). Locally, this is at Kshs. 162,000. Why bother Importing!?

The discounts can be really huge! I know black friday will have huge discounts… you can always discuss the packaging with the store… but before the sale. Also it’s best to source from UK not the US.

SONY Bravia 65“ KD-65A8J 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2021 MODEL) - SONY X1 Ultimate 4K HDR Processor has Acoustic Surface Audio+ & 4K X-Reality PRO & Dolby Vision @ 298,000

LG 65" OLED65C1PVA OLED TV Smart Ultra HDR 4K Al ThinQ Dolby Atmos +webOS with Magic remote 2021 model @293000

SONY Bravia 65“ KD-65A8H 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2020 MODEL) - SONY 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme Dolby Vision & 4K X-Reality PRO with Acoustic Surface Audio &TRILUMINOS Display @ 285,000

Ukiona inbosk Iko about patco,uwesmakei na jimit, Kuna vile

Source for this?

281k is a bit inflated, I’ve seen LG C1 65" for 275k.
Comparing A1 with C1 is not fair C1>>A1 in terms of quality and price. Check bei ya C1 kwa best buy or A1 locally tbf. I can’t speak about Vizio OLEDs, I only keep up with LG, Sony and Philips

Also where did you get that 30k import price? I realised that kina Kentex Cargo and something random use volumetric weight for calculations… Only iMail use normal weight

Brightstar Electronics Hub

By ship, by air it’ll come to a ridiculous price

Look here new villager. If that gourd full of porridge that you call a head has nothing sensible in it, then the tech-section is not for you. Just fuack off. And I have taken note of this handle.

True, the A1 is just not close enough to the C1. The A1 can even be described as slow and laggy. If you get a discount of like 50K you can import the C1 comfortably and still make savings.

Let me check the site.

I’ve never done sea shipping. Which company do you use use?

Except voltage, what’s the difference? And they have dual 110/240V

When I want to buy an item locally I always check the price at OLX. Not that I want to buy from the site, but to see what should be my bargain price. There are some genuine sellers on that site who don’t have a store front and price their items competitively. It helps to see the lowest price before I hit Luthuli.

Voltage mostly. I know LG tries to make their models global but I don’t like surprises that I can’t undo. So if an item is available in the UK -even at a slightly higher price - I go for the UK. Also, manufacturers are very careful when selling items in Europe as any small trick can result in huge fines very quickly. Also, shops in the UK tend to give better customer service. I know its easier to negotiate packaging in the UK than on bestbuy or even Amazon.

Rolling Cargo

The guys on Jiji sell you something in a sealed box, which is ok if you’ve settled on that specific item not window shopping