US Visa Lottery. DV2020

Many of them have a skewed opinion on Kenyans back at home. Na bado kuna Wakenya wengi huishi maisha poa hapa Kenya kushinda hio majuu yao. But I won’t judge in this case lakini @Purple ni kama usha wai tumia hii matusi somewhere… NOT HERE though…

Not true at all. Living a great life in Kenya is way more expensive than in the US. To get the standard of living that you find majuu, you must live in the likes of Runda, Karen, Lavington. How much does a bungalow cost in those estates?
I think you need to earn not less than 400-500k Kenyan shillings before you can say you’re better off living in Kenya.

I don’t hold such tenets but wazungus abroad think that way about Africa without ever setting foot. That’s why I asked Okiya who’s in the best position to advise him. Shouldn’t it be those who actually live and work there?

You know am right but you have to dispute to maintain your image. Fine

Good for you, but most businessmen and women do NOT make half a million per month. Anywho, this thread is about Okiya and the DV 2020 wacheni kucatch feerings. :D:D:D:D

inst that half a million kenyan shillings a month for a teacher?

I have a friend who has been there for the past 10 years and went there with this thing na bado hajainvest anything back here. Ama pengine bado anasave?

People are different. Hata huku Kenya kuna watu wengi hawaja invest. Also some Kenyans in the US are changing their mindset about ever coming back. They say they will live there forever, buy homes there and be buried majuu. So perceptions are shifting…not everyone anakufia kenya like before when investing nyumbani was the end all, be all.

Yes sir.

@Purple so you’re saying I can win the lottery but opt to remain in Kenya? Hakuna rules kama ati I have to reside in US? Ama go to US every year? And btw 500k in Kenya huwezi ishi runda. That’s 350k net

To maintain your greencard, just go to the US every year, they stamp your passport alafu unarudi home. If ever in future your kids need to study abroad, it will come in very handy.

The same teachers were on strike in states like Oklahoma a few months ago. That should tell you the reality on the ground. Also teachers are not exactly middle class in the States

Hii ni idea msuli sana. Cant just leave behind my hard earned investments and nurturing my company hivyo tu. Kuna guarantee ya nice paying jobs na hii lottery ama unaanzia tu kwa ma petro station na kusimama malls/ supermarkets being paid per hour?

Exactly, you are just emphasizing my point. You need to earn almost a million and above to live in a clean environment whereas a lowly janitor can also live decently in the US.

Every state pia ni different depending on what they prioritize. In my state of PA, plenty of teachers make $100k and above. You need to learn how to see the grey areas of life. Not everything is black and white, vile vile I can’t give a single story of poverty and disease on Kenya.

I would agree on @Purple on this. If you get the visa, neenda ujionee, everyone experience is different in foreign lands. There are many pros of living abroad and I believe just as many living in Kenya but its a personal thing. The best thing for me is having a CHOICE. I know there are many people who suffer abroad but its mostly those who are “underground” Kama uko na papers, life is imo, so much easier and better than kenya. Maybe, it also depends on how your experiences/upbringing, money talks wherever you are but its much more reasonable in developed countries for the less wealthy. I know Kenya will get to a place where the developed countries are but for now, I would prefer getting that greencard.

:D:D

500k compared to 50k hapa na unafunza watu washiki any. eish:D:D:D:D

mimi nipewe wrink niapply nikasalimie T-rump

[quote=“Nostradumbass, post:38, topic:172229”]

mimi nipewe wrink niapply nikasalimie T-rump
[/QUOTE
USA DIVERSITY VISA 2019 https:/travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html[/QUOTE]

In the same country where rents are above $1000.
Just like Kenyans, many people in the US still live paycheck to paycheck.

With a good salary in Kenya, you can have a very high quality of life. There are many decent middle class gated communities with all amenities.
Only downside is you’ll have to inhale a lot of dust everywhere else.