US Visa Lottery. DV2020

Lazima you visit the states every year, juu ya green card, tafuta job OCONUS utaishi maisha poa. Mimi nilikataa kuchukua green card ya DV 2012, juu sikuwa nataka my children growing up in homosexual and khabithi central. A Kenyan I used to work with, tuliselektiwa that year kwa lottery, mshande tulikuwa tunapata, yake ilipanda 3 fold mpaka $270K a year. Wakenya wako OCONUS ndio wanatengeneza pesa.

Lets not lie to our self,
Kenya life can be very good when you have good money. Really good.
Life in a foreign country can be daunting. Esp racism and loneliness. Things people wont like to talk about.

But the problem in Kenya if shit hits you, you are on your own. You are 1 or 2 disease from poverty. Imagine a person who had a deposit of 300M on Imperial Bank. Upto now they haven’t been paid. Sasa umekua maskini hivyo tu.
All those buildings demolished, yet were approved by said government.
All titles declared illegal by the same government which issued them.

Problem with Kenya you are on your own, which is scary to say the least.

Hmm I am almost

Mutegi having worked for 50+ years in senior positions in media, you can afford

Sk should be giving an increase next month nitoke lower runda.

One of my friends got DV…he has shops hapa nairobi.when he got there he got shocked he had to start life by being employed…alirudi within same month

pay ni half milli halafu rent ni 120k, na bado hujaweka expenses zingine

120K i.e. 1200 dollars is ghetto rent. Rent in decent neighborhoods starts at over 2k dollars a month i.e. 200K plus. There is a reason why so many people have roommates

Shida ya US ni health care…too expensive with litlle cover…little savings can blow up within days uki admittiwa hosi…better canada ama new zealand

Its the same here. I cannot deny that alot of money by Kenyan standards will pass through your hands but the money will still be gobbled up

I thought this diversity lottery thing was being clamped down by the current US govt for bringing in unvetted persons (like a guy who ran down pedestrians with a truck)

Very accurate representation of Kenya.

Kama you are from the middle east ,north Africa,eastern Europe or you have traveled to any of the banned countries do not bother applying,Winners have to undergo extreme vetting which may last more than 1year and remember you have to have the visa by September 30 of that fiscal year I.e all 2019 winners lazima wapate visa by sep 30 2019 kama hujapata sahau.Again let not get ahead of ourselves the chances of you winning that thing is once in hundred years

Like what is currently happening

so long as chance iko? Even leganes beat real madrid juzi na bookmakers had given them no chance

Aren’t there more job opportunities than here?

Fairly good advice, but I disagree with you that 100k in Kenya is better than $4k in the US. ‘Good money’ is relative, even in Kenya. There are millions of people in the US who make $60 to $80 k and are living very comfortably. Kila nyani na starehe zake. I believe that US gives people more opportunities and second-chances in life than you’d probably get anywhere, especially for foreigners (most of whom, in my opinion, are more hardworking than locals).

Shida yetu wakenya hatupendi kuambiwa ukweli jameni. Like today a bus has killed 50 people in Muhoroni just because these PSV drive like they’re possessed by a demon not adhering to any traffic rules whatsoever. Of course, ata USA wakona road accidents lakini hii ya Kenya root cause ni impunity, corruption na ujinga.

Did I mention that if you call and report a crime to a police station, the police can bluntly tell you that they don’t have fuel for their vehicle? Ati uwanunulie mafuta ama uende uwachukue na gari.

If both husband and wife are working, boom that’s easily upwards of $120k per year with almost the same living expenses. And as you know, $60,000 per year is a basic entry level type salo for a college grad.

It pretty much depends on the state. Living standards are very different between states (and also between cities in each state). The $1200 rent you consider as ‘ghetto rent’ can get you very good accommodation in many states/cities.