Well Raised Children

On your No 1, with you on TV must be off in the morn. However TV, totally off jioni, not sure. A little bit of TV after bath, dinner and homework. As little shosho media as possible.
Agreed with number 2. But you have to be prepared to put in the graft in terms of partaking in other activities with them like painting, gardening, visiting, reading, cooking…etc
Agreed with no 3.
Agreed with no 4. Start small.
5…Introduce them to their cousins if possible and help maintain the closeness.
8. Teach them to respect everybody and instil some manners. Please, thank you, sorry…etc…

1 and 2
You can’t stop you children from watching tv. Control the time and let them know the tv content that they should not watch ,even in absense of adults at home
You can’t ignore technology. Your children will outwit you! And even watch worse programme ,guide them ,pay various tv package for them .
In school they discuss these tv programmes ,they dance to the latest music ,they know more than you know
Grow together with your children,make sure they are open to you ,sometimes they will be way ahead of you !
Creat time for them and remember they are all different human beings growing up !
Wacha ni lale . Will catch up kesho 5am

Spanking my kids issa no. A big resounding no. We will dialogue from day dot and use other ways of punishing them.

I can’t relax the TV rule. It applies to everyone including me. If you come to my house while children are awake hautaona TV. TV creates too much distraction.

Happy kwa respect tuko pamoja sana. I am always get them to interact with their cousins.

@Kigui no comment wangu wako kwa magoti bado.

I have decided In shaa Allah the only way I will be giving my children leisure money is by them working for it directly part time.I will be giving them small jobs like arrange my small library in categories,take care of my garden etc.I will take care of all their basic and secondary needs to the latter but anything luxury like nice shoes ,latest clothes etc they will 100% work for them.This is basically the reason why Americans are so entrepreneurial because it was ingrained in them at a young age,their advantage though is part time jobs are in plenty.To balance this out I will create my own small economy where I can employ my niglets to learn the art of life.

Signed
MadPhilosopher
The most sane mad man.

I don’t allow them to watch TV during school days. It’s as simple as that. If you went into a Kenyan secondary boarding school, you only got TV on weekends. My house is a boarding school for my kids. My house, my rules.

My kids will outgrow me and become better than I’m. I explain to them why a rule exists and why it must be followed. By reasoning with them, I expect that they will understand my restrictions and respect them.

Being available for them is what every parent desires, listening to them and understanding that they are children who grew up the other day.

Watapanda tu polepole usiogope. Hoja tu upate Bibi Bora.

Mabibi ni hawa wanakula mogoga,kumeza Popov kama maji ama hawa wanatumiwa na sponsa halafu wanatuletea zero mileage puthi. Wacha niendee na aramis bila kusumbua.

I also forgot some other important stuff. Let them learn a sport like footie, or playing a music instrument. The discipline is awesome.

Yes, sports Ni lazima along with a music instrument. I think that originated from Amy Chua Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother - Wikipedia

I like this idea.

No rules rule work. Give them the impression that there are no rules but instead be a dictator.

Y

you need help my friend

Don’t be afraid kuuliza. How comes we are willing to ask everyone in our contact list for a car to buy yet we don’t do the same while looking for a spouse!

Fungua roho utafuriwe Bibi. Mapenzi itakuja polepole. Hata wahindi wanaishi. Ngombe weweh!

Do you think being friends with your children when they are aged 8 will guarantee your friendship when they’re 28?

While bringing up my children, I want them to be my best friends at age 28 or 30. When they have kids.

They will understand why I was a ‘dictator’

How old are the kids?

Come to think of it, you will expect your daughter/son to have a spouse who is well brought up.

Teens and pre teens

Everyone must eat at the dining table breakfast and dinner. I find those moments good for family bonding over a meal. Sio mtu anachukua pancakes anaenda kukulia study room na mwingine anaenda kukunywa chai kwa bedroom ama living room.