Well Raised Children

You are just a @Kigui what do you know about investments,na kwani una watoto i thought wewe ni tasa

You should be the last to give parental advice advice

Probably you need to give them a more enticing breakfast.Pancake puuuuliz…peasantry ingine is a no to me

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_bbEUc4lRAdFEsNmRzMSBY77wyHsPhDdx8FtBB4GTmKA4xBLV
there’s no fullproof formula to raising kids,thats why you see the most overparented kids turn up to be worst of the kind case in point,church folks.By encapsulating all vices that turn kids into wayward ones isn’t the solution,rewarding and punishment works wonders and by punish i mean… kicking ass,i would rev up the belt in a split second but sijai tumia isweya.Kids should know their place in the house ,I’m a parent to three niglets who i love unconditionally,they know i do not fuck around,nopampering,no negotiating shit,no compromise or give time out to ‘little domestic terrorists’ like ‘modern’ parents do by sending theirs to their rooms.Its my house and my rules,i do not instill fear in them but i let them know they are in my domain.By rewarding, i complement each separately for their good deeds so the other niglets can emulate,it’s good for siblings to have a healthy competition,its a wild world out there.

I have never promised them or whatsoever incase i can’t come thru eti “babaa,ukiwa number one nitakubaia bike”,thats his sole duty to achive,there are beasts out there who he has to compete with,my job is to support him getting there.I do not,have never,patronized my kids,but i always empower them with skills that i feel works best for them,I do paint and i encourge them to do so if they feel like and i hang theirs on the wall and show them off to friends like i’m in the louvre museum.
my middle child learned to cook kawaida stuff like eggs and pancakes,she feels proud whenever her friends come over and i pretend to be hungry and ask for eggs and she makes some for me to the adoration of her friends,my last niglet learned to walk the other day,now whenever she does so the whole house goes into a ruckus,just for encouragement, i should say the house cat got pissed and decided not to be around the room with us any more coz of the noise “every time someone walks”:rolleyes:,.

believe in your kids,never repremand them especially infront of everyone,for speaking the truth even while acknowledging a mistake beforehand.listen to your niglets,give them reasons why you do what you do,good or bad and set good exmples

Kids need choices in life but they should understand the kwensikwesenses that tag along .I advice and encourage them, sijaiwambia ‘mimi nilikua namba one kila time’,i let them set ‘exams’ for me which i pass…ofcourse… and brag about it,that way they have a taste of winning hence encouraged.

Appreciating little things they do even if they didn’t pass exams or sports,you’d never understand the lengths they went thru just for the attempt.I’ve never compared them to their siblings but i do compare them to jeff bezoz:D:D:D [SIZE=1]i am a bad papa.[/SIZE][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]elling them ‘i love you’,i know african culture thinks shit of this,lack of emotional connect and warmth breeds kids with naughty tricks for attention, hold their hands for no reason,my son hates it but hey,my house my rules.:cool:

Its a free world bugger,dictator

Wewe huwezi zalisha,adopt instead

Introducing them to cousins can help them with social skills among their peers. But here is something nobody will tell you - children have a lot of secrets. There are cousins who secretly have sex with each other since childhood and their parents have never known about it. Especially in Kenya it is too common.

You & @Kigui have not met kids from around here. Ati timeout and dialogue. I tried this route nikaona wanamea pembe tu, mpaka wife told me to stop pretending to be a mzungu. Riu ndimaringaga ta ria kurira thinwa.

Foundation matters

Ungeachia hapo. TV are tools for corrupting the morals of the kids. You can find more enriching and stimulating ways to keep kids entertained.
But for you to accomplish this you have to be mad creative and have a cooperating wife.
My generation grew up to be well adjusted adults because Baba Moi only allowed VOK which later became KBC to start broadcasting at 4pm on weekdays and close the station at around 1130pm. Local shows were preferred to foreign shows because local shows adhered to the cultural norms of Kenya. We did get cartoons from other countries but they were morally sound shows.
Most of the guys in my generation (those who were born between 1970 - 1990) were raised during corporal punishment in both school and home and can take orders and value and obey our elders.
The coming generation needs lots and lots prayers. Most of them are raised in broken homes and they can be lazy and rude and don’t want to be told anything.

Nangoja Ezekiel Mutua term expire ni import Samantha baibeee.

Na wale tuko na toddler’s who are in their "terrible two’s "tukae wapi?

concerning wrong and right behaviour

which other ways?

And just how exactly does one deal with a spoilt stepkid (whose mother has him pampered) without making the mother think you dislike the kiddo?Here is a single mother you have just met na ako na mtoto wa 8years…father left at 2 years…and the mother has been pampering the kid as a way to make-up for the father’s absence…[SIZE=1]kwa CSI ya kijiji hii ni completely hypothetical[/SIZE]

teenage rebellion ikifika lazma hizi sessions ziwe

you don’t.

The friends they make also matters a lot, peer pressure

that’s ambiguous…

I have heard those stories. Lakini you take a leap of faith sometimes. I am v close to my sisters, so we have found that that has transferred to the kids with lots of benefits because of age gap differences. I have nephews in and out all the time. Then I have found out that in general, they really confide in each other a lot about the struggles of the big ugly world. See they were born and raised majuu, we the parents were born and raised in Jamu. Easy for them to get really confused about the values we as parents are trying to instill in them versus what the world looks like to them. But at least they have each other and it is cute to watch.
[SIZE=1]Else lazima tukubali watakulana at a very young age:([/SIZE]