What Was The Price Of Bread During Your Childhood?

Mimi nilipoingina Form 1 bread used to weigh 500 Grams and retailed at Ksh 15.

1 Like

what is the purpose of this thead bwana bonobo

1 Like

United Sliced 25 bob, Maziwa 1 cup 15, majani 5 bob na blueband sachet 5 bob (full breakfast)

2 Likes

I used to buy for 17. Siku moja nikaenda nikapa ni 18. I refused to buy nikaenda kupiga report wamepandisha mkate hadi 18

Half loaf was hashu.tuesdays na Thursdays lazima siku ya maro aka maram.(Tue-githeri Thur-anhydrous aka mukimo ya nyani) zote immersed in petroleum.

When I think back, I think we was in prison. And most never left mentally.

2 Likes

Sisi High school yetu ilikuwa na only 2 diets for the whole term for four years

Githeri Lunch and Supper ya Ugali. What varied was the stew for Ugali. Sometimes Kales, sometimes kerosine smelling cabbage sometimes beans mixed with kales

3 Likes

Muzee huna kazi
Umekuwa kama mama mkongwe @TrumanCapote
Naweza kusaidia na dildo
Ukalie
But uivalishe CD

5 Likes

Wtf! No wonder you are still mentally damaged. Hio yenu ilikua prison. Sisi monday rice na beans for lunch…jioni nyama ugali na cabbage. Tues githeri for lunch, ugali cabbage and milk supper. Wed Rice and beans lunch, ugali nyama and sukuma for supper. Rinse and repeat hadi sunday. A glass of milk was free saa nne na 5pm every single day juu kulikua na ngombe mingi sana. Bread was 5 bob per quarter. 20 bob full loaf

2 Likes

Foodwise,i think we had a very good school. Githeri was only once per week. Mpaka kachumbari

I remember merry cane sachet wa 10 bob

2 Likes

Na mayai mbili?

Which fancy schools were you going? Sisi Nyeri high ilikuwa Lunch ugali beans, supper githeri. Daily Monday to Monday. Sato lunch ilikuwa rice beans

3 Likes

Ilikua maziwa mala hiyo ya shule?

Elliot’s and Akiyda ksh 10. They used to have some Bakeries in the shopping centers like Westie. Very nice brown bread fresh and hot by wahindi was 15 Bob.

2 Likes

Used to buy 1/2 mkate 4 bob. Bread ilikua inaitwa mothers choice yenye crust ingine boombastic. 5 bob uko sorted bread nusu na soda 300ml.

1 Like

Kwani wewe ni fossil? Ksh 10 for 500 Gram bread. That must have been in 1989, so wewe kuzaliwa ni 1977

Yes

Wasnt fancy…but one of the original national schools. Kutembea kutoka dorm hadi classes ilikua 15min. Kuenda pitch za rugby ( 3 of them) would take you another 15min.

Kuzaliwa 1962. Turn 62 this year.

1 Like