What went wrong with Sony TVs?

Sina shida hata kidogo… I just got surprised that they lost so much market share… In 2021, I use the screens for CCTV surveillance and not for anything else apart from breaking news events when I am at home… I am a businessman so what you have posted makes a lot of sense…

Really? My Sony tv broke down nikaita fundi and he came and fixed it right away without any complications.

This is just lazy typing.

Mi hushangaa vile Sony inashindwa na mobile division yake the Xperia line. Hapa wamekuwa wakikula losses tupu wacha ata market share.

Ghaseer ya kutumwa mkate hakuna kitu inaeza niambia.

Sony wako league yao

Because of limiting their markets and late delivery. Unaagiza simu January eti iko kwa market kumbe ni kufix parts wanafix. Utaipata Dec na ndio flagship zengine zishatoka… Besides, They also sell the reputation. They are known to be expensive, They uphold that hata wapate losses hakuna bei watashukisha, … sijui ni Ego ama nini.

Mobile division inafaa overhaul…design ni ile ile, still struggling kwa cameras, hakuna hata marketing and to think Sony was the 1st manufacturer kuleta 4K screens na water resistance on phones.

Last year Sony’s mobile division turned a profit… Their phones have been quite innovative, the Xperia one has found a niche following and is quite a piece of innovation. Moving forward I hope the company won’t go back to making losses on its mobile division.

This is the problem that put LG mobile phones down. If you announce a phone you should have it for sale within a month. If you launch a phone it should be available within the same day for purchase. They should learn from Apple.

There are not as many Porches on the road

Their camera sensor and camera division is doing extremely well.

Sony TVs are fantastic and they garner great reviews like clockwork… Shida ni they start at >100k, very few people are willing to spend that much on a telly

Spiderman just grossed 1 billion so they’re still good

I have also had a bad history with Samsung TVs. Crashing so soon. Maybe I have been buying counterfeit ones

No you are not. You hack people’s data!

@Jimjones you are a hacker.

What do you do with talker’s personal data which you have amassed?

What!!!

If I want to buy another basic TV for CCTV surveillance, I will choose an unknown cheap brand… But for my home, I will still buy a Sony…

True, sony lost their innovative drive long ago, they just rely on their name to overprice products that are not better than the competition. Their tv and phone divisions are a mess, at least for this year their TVs have been great but still overpriced for a marginal improvement over the competition. Their phone division is lost, overpriced phones, with dated designs and poor products as a whole in that they concentrate on a niche feature but neglect other aspects of the phone then price like like a fresian cow. But i have to give them props for their cameras, lens and playstation divisions, these are what keeps them afloat

Their TV division is actually quite innovative they just decided to steer clear away from the race to the bottom with the likes of tcl, Vizio and the like… there is a size-able niche market for high end tv’s where there is little competition and better returns… don’t be surprised that people who care about higher color gamut, high quality displays and Dolbyatmos and the likes will choose Sony or LG over other contenders