What went wrong with Sony TVs?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1266988/global-leading-manufacturers-tv-market-share-sales-volume/

Competition is the main reason for the decrease in popularity. In addition, there is a good number of manufacturers world wide producing affordable tv sets.

They are expensive

Samsung ilimaliza hao. Bravia is my favorite TV although bei on new models imepanda ajabu.

Expensive for no reason.

Sony are still on their A game, the A90J was ranked the best TV at a prominent well put together tv testing contest last year. Shida ni the rise of budget TVs akina TCL na HiSense, they are currently the best sellers in Bidenland.

Sony is following general trend of Japanese consumer electronic companies being edged out of the market by Korean and Chinese companies.

Japanese companies are nowadays less innovative and and not as aggressive as their Korean and Chinese rivals.

Akina Toshiba NEC and others walirusha mkono hio market. I expect Sony to exit TV market at some point

True. Others like Samsung make them cheaper and better.
SONY is into other things…Like their Playstation Gamer is the best in the market.

Sony insists on using expensive things like particular selection of IPS panels which make them expensive. their recent IPS panels were very expensive. they switched to cheaper VA panels for african and asian market but were still more expensive than chinese brands that use TN panels or even faulty reject panels.
the average ghetto dude cant tell difference in quality and therefore cheap is best. thats why likes of sony get pushed out of the market. but if you go upmarket shops you will find them there.
but give it to them many of those cheap brands have come and gone and left them there

Apart from initial cost, ask any local fundi about repairs and maintenance. Many fundis develop cold feet ukiwaambia ni Sony. They know it will just be a complicated mess of a headache, with no spare parts. In this regard, Sonys are the BMWs of TVs

Tvs are fixable by troubleshooting for individual component fault. only that “fundis” dont know electronics and all they do is switching whole components. its just a matter of competence.

Priority changed. Ni tv expensive utanunua ama ni school fees utalipa.

wakinyanganywa PLAYSTATION wanafunga kampuni

Unalipia nani fees kijana?

Very interesting indeed! I never knew it has been beaten so much! I have not been lucky with other TV models… I only have Sony TV and Home theater… The performance compared to Samsung is far much better… The Samsung TVs that I bought all got blown within 6 months of use… One of the Sony TVs I bought in 2003 is still in use… What a pity!

Sony just doesn’t advertise its products. When is the last time you saw a sony billboard or commercial? Compare that with LG and Samsung who put live billboards hadi Tom Mboya street inajaa. You can easily maintain profitability by cutting down on sales personnel and advertising costs. I think sony’s main source of profit is the sale of phone Cameras. Every single serious phone from iphone to umidigi will try and use a version of a sony camera. But its phone and tv divisions remain profitable.

I have never been let down by a Sony TV or HI Fi system since I started buying them many years ago… But i could not believe that the brand has lost so much market share in the TV sector…

In the TV sector, samsung happened

I never knew they thrashed Sony in the TV sector… And have not been lucky with the few Samsung TVs that I have bought… May be they were counterfeit. Because they crashed spectacularly within 6 months…

Businesses exist to make value for shareholders not to appease customers. Sony has it’s own strategy of remaining profitable in the long-term and it appears they are not concerned with TV market share. hio ni shida yako. For them it’s the $$$. IBM lost it’s entire PC market share but it is the current global leader in quantum computing and is extremely profitable.