Wheat Imports to Kenya.

[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]You are a sycophant.
There’s never been a more corrupt administration in the history of Kenya than under Uhuru.
Imagine this. Kenya pays the highest rates of electricity and petrol in Africa and some of the most punitive taxes in form of VAT and income taxes yet the government still had to borrow trillions of shillings.

[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]What did Uhuru Kenyatta do with 6.6 trillion? Do you know a trillion has 12 zeroes? Even his signature project, the SGR, did not cost 1 trillion shillings.
And imagine in all that debt Kenyan doctors and nurses cannot even get proper PPEs.

Health is devolved. Ask your governor maswali ya doctors.

It’s true but why is CS Mutahi Kagwe threatening nurses with firing?

Is it possible that the new constitution accelerated corruption, with an independent judiciary, which is pro-corruption

Blame it on COMESA Mr Sahani

Ni kunoma … na bado. We just getting warmed up.

An example. They target an industry like milk. Due loan pressure they can dictate a variety of things like (ceiling/floor)interest charged on loans to dairy farmers ;price(s) of farm inputs ,fertilizers, cow feed etc can be adjusted by taxation, they can also tell a government to introduce new shitty licence(s) (dairy board shit) just to raise barriers to entry in the said industry / operating costs. The result is an increase in price because the farmer will pass on the increase in cost to consumers.
Now, they will then pressure the government to open up the market( free-trade chieth) with reduced/no tariffs etc because of that loan.
Once the “market opens” cheap imports flood the country. Milk was done mainly through milk powder … It was so cheap. Made some farmers give up on dairy farming …most sold cows (there was a phase watu walikuwa wanamwaga Maziwa,kukata coffee bushes etc) .
NOW when local production is in its deathbed … Prices are jacked up . The looser is/was/ has been the local/middle scale farmer …and the end result is food dependency to foreigners .
Do you know Jamaica used to be the number one supplier of sugar and bananas to the US and UK. Today they import everything!!
In the US ,corn/maize and wheat farmers are actually paid(via subsidies) by their government to grow it ! How can a Kenyan farmer compete with such a system.(in Kenya there are ZERO subsidies to farmers who grow stuff that’s key to our FOOD SECURITY). Wote wanalia serekali Saidia

Maayai ziliaanza kutoka Uganda hii era ya tano terror

You are as dumb as a wet towel to imagine that we believe anything you said there.

Signed…
Former thuraku.

You have been exporting day old chicks to uganda for ages. And the chicks grew and started laying eggs. You shouldn’t complain when they sell you eggs.

That book gave me shivers, the blatant over pricing of projects to a country they know damn well cannot afford to pay up and then later on came the SGR.

We’ve never had a president aside from WA Kibaki, Hawa wengine ni faux European, aristocratic, dynastic parasites.

Okay I’ll bite, explain to me the benevolence of UMK and his alleged family’s involvement in the covid-19 billions.

It is kibaki who took us to china via thika road.

The other day I learnt how much they sell a kg of processed macadamia, way above 2k. A simple calculation showed that a kg fetches net of shs500 to 600. However being an exporter of the product is a nightmare from the cartels

US/China/UK all have subsidies. All governments have a responsibility of protecting their farmers. We dont. Our politicians are in the food importation business. In Western, sugar companies have licenses to process sugar. You know what they do, they import the sugar. Completely unacceptable. World Bank/ IMF is not responsible for our stupidity.

I wholly agree with you our stupidity is unprecedented but those IMF mofos took full advantage. They created these (neo-colonist) conditions

On average, how many kgs of nut in shell are grade AA nuts from the total harvest of the average farmer? I mean, wengine go so far as to shake the trees vitu mbichi zianguke wauze… Couple that with nutrient and water deficiencies, what % of a total harvest ni kitu smart in terms of thin shell/kernel size, oil content etc to compete favourably na wasito World Market like the Aussies? Processors have to sift through a lot of what they get from farmers, collect whatever they can get that meets international grade then price accordingly to cater for all the contingencies… Wananunua whole batch from a farmer at say 170 a kilo but even if they got a tonne from the farmer, may be only 70kg would be high grade… Na hiyo 70 kg itafaa imebeba mzigo mzima for the entire batch… Lower quality nuts in the batch may be sold locally or pressed for oil, the resultant cake for cattle feed, husks for energy or ground for inert growing media etc… That being said, if farmers upped their quality of produce na wapate co-op ambayo haiwachezi, they could garner much higher returns on the world market

:smiley: this is a Kenyan problem through and through sio mkulima solo… Most traders do not understand business and the system of low margins and high volumes… Mkenya anajua tu ‘double your money’ :smiley: I mean, you want your 1000 ‘investment’ to yield 2000+ with little sweat… This is possible in a few small microcosms (ile ya cereals storage buying in a glut and exploiting drought periods comes to mind) but it generally requires large capital outlays… Game ya big boys sio ya peasant living hand to mouth ananunua tights Gikomba 50 anakam kuuzia madam mtaani 400 :smiley: ffs

One road, which has served its purpose tenfold without undermining other citizens source of income.

i cannot argue with dumb people like you who do not know even an iota of economics. then can you tell me what were the rates of electricity during kibaki times?what was the price per unit for ordinary consumers?what was the cost of connecting homes with power line?