Why is Kenya weak in football?

We need to hunt for talent very early enough, from 12yr olds .but it can only work if grassroot leagues/school leagues/kpl are very active.

Where is religion? Change it with in-born talent

Yes and it has to be Nationwide initiative

The only way to help Kenyan football is by corporates joining in and then clubs starting to pay well. You can’t expect a talented Somali/Arab/shiny eye to play just for fun. Most talents die after leaving high school coz Kenyan football can’t pay bills

Exactly, football needs cash to keep people in the field.Huwezi ambia mtu aende training na hata rent hana…

Lets be purely honest, where does Kenya scout for Talent? It all begins pale secondary level as we play county to national level games. Unfortunately, 99% of the time western region teams do most fireworks hence get spotted when young. These scouts don’t visit every county coz they know where the talent is unless for some reason you make it to provincials and really shine.

I don’t think its fair to call it tribalism, myself am an alumni of Eldoret but whenever we played “western schools” we felt their weight on the pitch.

Worth to mention, france national is 60% black, not that whites don’t play but in that region black talent is more prolific

Very true, Uruguay with a population of 3.5 million people, Iceland with 500,000 people, Denmark with just under 6 million people are 3 of the most successful footballing countries in the world.
China with 1.4 Billion people, has only participated in the world cup once (2002) and failed to score a single goal.

Basically they do not know since we fail all the time. Tribalism validation. Idiot

Idiot? Look at this ferker, go on with your madness. I haven’t advocated for tribalism given facts as i know them. If you find a problem with my perception get a tranformer, Ghaseer of a person!

China and India have never really had a footballing culture. Russia and China have higher focus on Olympic indoor sports, India’s more of a cricket nation than anything else whilst Canada are more concentrated on American football/Canadian football, basketball, ice hockey and winter sports.

Give a Congolese (DRC or Brazzaville) the same geographic conditions+training as Kenya/Ethiopia and they will excel the same way Kenyans and Ethiopians do at long distance running.

It worked for Mo Farah

I believe that there is corruption in harambee stars regarding who plays and who doesn’t especially in a high stake tournament like Afcon where football scouts are. But I don’t think it has anything to do with tribalism.

Mo Farah’s case is an exception just like Paula Radcliff (the British woman who holds world record in marathon).

It is not about geography. It is genetic. If you think Russia and China are more interested in Olympics, why don’t they go for sprints and beat Jamaicans?

You know that there’s more than one Olympic sport right?

Lol and what is this that makes these 2 an exception?

I know. Also, don’t tell me you’ve never seen Russian and Chinese participating in sprints. Dominating in one sport over another does not mean that they have invested more in one area over another.

Not about training in Kenya/Ethiopia like you suggested