Why TZ SGR is cheaper. The only info I could find.

A standard electric trains requires 1.5-3MW of installed capacity and max of 8MW for high speed trains. TZ will need 50 - 100MW. https://t.co/53vcszJxuP

80% of the sgr is alongside the old railway line.so its on rail reserve land.which is government land.where is that money supposedly used for compensation?

Baba akisoma atakacho sema itakuwa ukweli, unamwona hapa akisomea wafuasi wake.
[ATTACH=full]131175[/ATTACH]

4 DF4Ds = 2940kw (per train) x 4 = 11,760 kw
56 DF8Bs = 3680kw (per train) x 56 = 206,080 kw

Total = 217,840 kw 217.840 MW

There are 365 days x 24 hours = 8760 hours a year

If the trains run 24 hours every day of the year it is

8760 x 217.840mw = 1,908,279 mwh

1,908,279 mwh = 100% efficiency = total amount of power needed by trains

Efficiency (Energy converted from Installed Power)

Nuclear Power = 92% (doesnt vary)

Hydro Power = 90% (Varies 85-95)

Coal Power = 50% (Varies as well)

Wind Power = 32%

Solar Power = 20%

Formula = ((Power needed by trains x 100)/energy converted))/(8760 hours) = MW needed

= ((1,908,279 X 100)/efficiency percentage)/8760

e.g. for nuclear power we would have

((1,908,279 X 100)/92)/8760 = 237 MW

So if u use (… power) u need

Nuclear Power = 237 MW

Hydro Power = 242 MW

Coal Power = 435 MW

Wind Power = 680 MW

Solar Power = 1089 MW of installed capacity

N/B

• I dunno if they’ll add the number of trains.
  • If anyone knows that they have decided to add the number of trains for phase II please tell us. And post the article etc from a credible looking source and I'll run the numbers.
  • For the train stations I didnt post figures as well because they are essentially like any other public building we've been able to power stations like Syokimau, Imara Daima, Madaraka and Nairobi Railway so we dont really need to make estimates for that. If people also want station numbers just add like 10~20% above the figures I've posted above.

My opinion is that SGR Kenya will need 300MW alone of geothermal power. Since this project isn’t just about the train but several SEZ on the route, I estimate the other 700MW for their operations. So far we know of the 30000 acres Naivasha SEZ, Port Reitz SEZ & Suswa Narok SEZ. More will come up and they need power for their industrial operations.

Suswa Na naivasha bla bla ziko kwa shamba ya nani?

Shhhh…

Uko na title evidence ni ya nani? Na usiniambie ati Kenyatta family. And by the way shida ni location ya inland freight station ama nini?

Yangu.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D savage

I have to give it to the Duo. They implemented the plan really well. I can’t imagine I will be travelling to naivasha on the SGR avoiding those scary bends on the roads that I hate so much. I am yet to get on the train but lord knows mwaka haiishi without me travelling to coast.

Mombasa hotels and tourism consider SGR as God send gift. Nairobi parties in Mombasa over the weekends and back in droves thanks to Madaraka Express. Since the launch, domestic tourism has doubled at the coast. Now consider Naivasha will be 30 mins away, its going to boom as well. I can even live there and work in Nairobi.

Ok …now I know

Just an innocent question and u r on the defensive.

Wewe endelea kudanganya ndugu zako, you think we’ll fail to fund ourselves because you failed, you’ll be amazed, tumeamua kupiga kazi na kusonga mbele venye inapaswa, sleeping giant’s awakening. Wachina wamewaibia, kubalini huo ukweli mjirekebishe, you keep on denying instead of learning, it is a Kenyan citizen, yo fellow country man that is deprived his/ her money, painting Tz wrong and negative wont help with embezzlement nightmare in your nation. Ethiopia is better than yours, built with Chinese, less priced, mnakuja compare na kujiconsole na an electrified less priced one from Tz.

Stop lying to your people guys, you have any source claiming there will be one bridge in Tz, there will be many better bridges than yours. Argue from real facts mazee. Got to bring a thread inayohusu sgr ya bongo, naona humu mnajazana uongo mwingi sana. Mnaibiwa na viongozi wenu mazee wa Kenya. Shauri yenu

Si mkijenga ata bridge moja mtakuwa bankrupt…peasants.

Look at you Stupid Arrogant Kenyan, we have best bridges in the region, and we aren’t bankrupt, infact we’re closing the gap, you’s the one going bankrupt with your debts accumulating like never before. I know a lot about your corrupt country boy

Pumbavu soma hiyo article, ujifunze who is bankrupt.

Why Kenya’s $40b debt is worrying observers

Tuesday October 10 2017

[ http://www ]

International credit rating agency Moody’s expects Kenya’s government debt burden which stood at 56.4 per cent of GDP by June this year, to continue rising due to high budget deficits and interest payments. FOTOSEARCH

In Summary

A downgrade in national credit rating would make it difficult for Kenyan companies to source cheap funds from international markets.Currently the debt position is Ksh4 trillion ($40 billion) as per data from CBK which is more than double what the Jubilee administration inherited, Ksh1.7 trillion ($17 billion) in 2013.Moody’s believes that the Kenyan government may get into liquidity problems due to high loan repayments which may force it to source new and expensive debt to ensure it does not default.

Advertisement

[ http://www]By GEORGE KAMAU
More by this Author

International credit rating agency Moody’s expects Kenya’s debt to rise to 60 per cent of GDP by mid-next year, heralding higher financing costs for the private sector.

Moody’s expects the government debt burden which stood at 56.4 per cent of GDP by June this year, to continue rising due to high budget deficits and interest payments.

The agency is concerned by Kenya’s rate of accumulating debt that it has started looking at whether it needs to lower the country’s ability to repay debt, in what is referred to as credit rating.

A downgrade in national credit rating would make it difficult for Kenyan companies to source cheap funds from international markets while also forcing commercial banks to hold higher bad loan loss provisions in line with the new accounting standard that is expected to take effect in January.

That would force them to raise interest rates and, with current regulatory ceilings, to reduce credit to riskier segments of borrowers.

“Unless a decisive policy response is introduced, the upward trajectory in government debt will see debt-to-GDP ratio surpass the 60 per cent mark by June 2018,” said Moody’s.

Currently the debt position is Ksh4 trillion ($40 billion) as per data from CBK which is more than double what the Jubilee administration inherited, Ksh1.7 trillion ($17 billion) in 2013.

The government has taken up commercial debt, which has seen its interest payments rise to 19 per cent of its revenues, up from 10.7 per cent when the Jubilee government came to power.

Kenya has gobbled up debt as Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich sought to fund ambitious development projects steered by the Jubilee government amidst weak revenue collection.

“Due to the erosion in government revenue intake in the last five years and increased recourse to debt from private sources on commercial terms, government debt affordability has deteriorated,” notes Moody’s.

Liquidity problems

If Moody’s downgrades the country from its current rating of B1, investors will be forced to increase the price of their cash to the economy as they factor in a higher risk premium. Higher prices may scuttle government plans to issue a new sovereign bond through which it plans to raise $2 billion in the current financial year.

Commercial banks will also be forced to hold higher provisions for loan defaults following the introduction of new accountings standard (IFRS 9) which requires banks to consider the possibility of government defaulting on its Treasury bills and bonds.

Moody’s believes that the Kenyan government may get into liquidity problems due to high loan repayments which may force it to source new and expensive debt to ensure it does not default.

“A key area of focus in the rating agency’s liquidity analysis is the government’s increasingly large roll-over of Treasury Bills, which amounted to 9.4 per cent of GDP in June 2017, and the external debt payments to private creditors, including the $750 million Eurobond due in June 2019,” said Moody’s.

Fitch, another international rating agency, has also indicated that it could downgrade Kenya’s credit rating due to its debt position. Fitch had noted that the country was spending a larger proportion of its revenue in paying debt, compared with its economic peers such as Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana.

Fitch gave Kenya a B+ rating with a negative outlook due to the country’s debt position.

Kenya, however, insists that its debt is manageable and has headroom for more. Mr Rotich believes that Kenya can comfortably borrow up to 74 per of its GDP.

Why Kenya’s $40b debt is worrying observers

Kenyans have inbuilt resistance to accept reality toward them. This is caused by their arrogant nature of tribalism,envy,jealous, etc. They are easily fall into the trap of lies from one of their own who come with some comforting lies mixed by irrational data.

I have been seeing this tendency for long time from various Kenyan forums. They don’t want to accept reality rather they are ready to paint it with fake information,ideas and narrations to sooth their failure.
It just takes someone behind the keyboard making his own assumptions and ideas far from the truth,and all his fellow Kenyans will follow.

Been observing these folks, guy named spear specifically, spews so many lies. They jealous sleeping giant is awakening.
Siwalaumu sana lakini, mwenyewe ningekuwa mkenya ningeionea gere bongo.