Electronics/Electricals Shop

Afternoon Guys.

Quick question,

Let say you are a full time employee like myself and you wanted to start a small electronics/electricals shop, how do you keep track of the transactions in the shop? What controls do you put in place to minimize theft by the employee?

Have a software hata kama ni crack version ya Quickbooks. Ensure you track your inventory using the system. Once in a while do checks on a sample basis of those high value stock items. Compare stock in the system with actual inventory.

And also install CCTV with live feed…

@Electronics4u kuja haraka.

Kwani staff members hamuongeangi?

Just buy some lube. Most businesses require a hands-on approach. If you expect any success when you get into your office at 8AM and leave at 5PM, good luck.

Thanks.

Kuibiwa na mfanyikazi ni lazima…and that’s the opportunity cost of doing a side business while u have a full time job.

If you read carefully I said “minimize”.

inventory management system and random stock taking as advised by @Energizer

Skip the brick and mortar model and Go online. Focus on client acquisition and servicing client orders (distribution).

Inventory and sales software is good for reporting purposes, but for theft either have a trusted person manage the shop or have cctv and make sure the employees know that they are being monitored - thats why most muhindi will have their guy standing hapo kwa cahsier and another one kwa store, I also see the local supermarkets have a different team of ‘auditor’ like guys who monitor the cashier areas.

unless you have complete control of your business either through yourself or someone you completely trust [SIZE=1]na pia wao hukuangusha[/SIZE], achana nayo.otherwise utalilia kwa choo.

Within a year your employee will be having enough capital to start his/her own similar business and move away with a good chunk of regular customers.
Sorry boss, minimizing while you aren’t there most of the time is a dream.

Do an inventory count every other day. We purchased 50 units , scanned 9 for sale in the register and have 32 in stock. Employees anza Kuongea.

You can try installing cctv and monitor on your phone, but here is my personal experience. If you are an absent proprietor it is very difficult to make it. At one point you will have to decide to either quit your job and concentrate on the business or the other way. You need to be on the ground daily interacting with potential buyers to get a feel of where the market is moving. When you put a manager in charge, he is the one who absorbs this vital information and he can use this info to benefit himself. He might even have his own stock chini ya maji and every time he gets a client he will just say. " Hiyo ni ya display, wacha nichukue kwa store yetu… etc". In short the guy you put in charge has you by the balls. Most of those I have seen thrive use their wives to run the business.

f

How can one handle those who bring their own stocks to sell from your biz.Theirs are always given the first priority

I would also advise to go fully online…get an ecommerce platform like sky.garden to do fulfilment. The money you budget for 3 months rent you can utilise it to run a social media campaign…you will however need someone and somewhere reliable to get stock to fulfilment.

Niliweka hii biz ya electrical in Ngoingwa. I say a full year niliumia. I’ve stock holla if you need though can’t advise on the same.