Pressure to fit in.

I was in a pub yesterday and I was surprised by the number of so-called football fans. We’ve been conditioned from a young age that a man loves football. A typical Kenyan man must support an English team. Try and find something else and you will be blacklisted. By the way, a famous tweet by a Brit once shook KOT. A Kenyan confidently said, “We ( an English football team) will beat you tomorrow.” The Brit responded , “Which teams do you (Africans) own? These are our hometown teams. Make your own teams or concentrate on grazing goats.” or something to that effect. He later deleted the tweet after KOT flooding his page obviously butt-hurt after being confronted with the bitter truth.

All english football fans in kenya are gay losers

It’s neo colonialism. Football is played all over the world, but Kenyans (and many in Arabia and Asia) seem to think the only top-flight soccer is the EPL. A university graduate once asked me why Barcelona doesn’t play in the EPL. Women’s Rep Maina Kageni thinks being on top of the EPL is being on top of world soccer. SMH.

I am a Kenyan but support Benfica, Zenit, Sevilla and Sundowns,I like their style of play.football just like boxing and other sports enjoy global viewership so it’s not realistic to expect only locals to support. But I dont get the whole EPL craze with Kenyans,especially the whole arsenal machester rivalry. The thing that is missing with local football is the quality of players fielded by teams. Most of the matches I have viewed were to say the least non entertaining.

This Epl craze started in the late 90s. Before then, teams were just teams. People used to just take it as is. It’s entertaining soccer, but the quality is poor. That’s the reason why a (modern) British team can never win the World Cup. Or advance far.

The Spanish League is unbalanced. 3 teams hold the all the best players in the world. The rest are crap. So the games are always lopsided.

I see as the effects of globalisation.

But we have also failed to support our own, and our systems are also poorly managed.

For example, I used to support my local team Thika United in the KPL. The stadium is in very poor state, watching a game through meshed wire while standing. The KPL also failed to have live coverages of matches. So, when away from town you can;t watch the game. The club eventually collapsed because of lacking a sponsor.
Tanzanians watch their teams because their league is very well organised. Situation Kenya ni mbaya no wonder people have migrated to EPL.

We killed our local football league and we had to look elsewhere. Men naturally like football. It’s physical and sweat drenching. Women love netball. It’s less physical and involves inserting something somewhere vertically.

Some years back super sport 9 east used to broadcast KPL matches,I don’t what happened til they cancelled the deal

That pressure is real. Even in my cyber, I see kids as young as 5 engaging in fierce debates about how sijui Rashford alifanya nini…vile sijui Man City itafanyia Tottenham nini. But football is generally an easy sport to understand compared to complicated shit like American football and baseball. That’s why it keeps growing in popularity.

Kenyans are shallow. They have nothing to discuss about except football and women. Otherwise why would a person know all there is to know about EPL, and doesn’t know the few tricks used on him by Gakuyo and media people and politicians in Kenya?
A person knows all there is to know about football, lakini hajui kula balanced diet, hajui anything kuhusu keeping fit for his own benefit, hajui mwanasiasa na prophet owuor ni matapeli?
Kenyans talk about football because its the ONLY thing they know.

Young boys discuss football 24/7, then wanaenda cyber kulipa 500 wasaidiwe kufungua email account.

Football, like alcohol, makes us equal

:D:D…Kenyans don’t love football, Kenyans like gossiping and drinking beer in bars during football time…huyu msee looks genuinely disappointed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKkLwMhwnyk

Supporting EPL teams is just a fad,having to talk about something around men when one doesn’t have anything constructive to prattle about. I like to watch but hate talking about it. Funny thing,in uk you’ll never hear soccer talks in meet-ups except from african migrants,quite peculiar those chaps are i might say

Peer pressure ndio hufanya watu wawe obsessed with football. Utaskia bonobo ikiseme, “leo tutawafinya”.

I was surprised juzi kuskia Drogba hayuko Chelsea na Henry hayuko Arsenal…

Nangoja next World Cup.

As a young boy toys were a football or cars.

Hapa boy hana option but kupenda ball.

EPL is like WWE for adults it’s entertainment.

i always say i support the winning team, its leisure. I cheer any goal getting scored regardless of the scorer, and just laugh at the fans getting on each other as i sip my drink leisurely.

No wonder I am the odd one out with formula one

I don’t watch football

I only watch world cup…

Everyone has a preference in entertainment and sport has been a form of entertainment since the beginning of time. Football, basketball, F1, UFC, and others are marketed globally and offer quality not found locally.